PDA

View Full Version : NYU MacCracken Housing Program

ekonomiks
02-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Anybody here at NYU? I have a question about the 2-bedroom apartment in Stuyvesant Town that goes with the MacCracken Fellowship. Why is it 2-bedroom? Does that mean they will assign a roommate for me if I'm single?

ekonomiks
02-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Never mind. I just found out the answer to that question. Is there a way to get an one-bedroom apartment on campus? What's a single studio like? There's this thing in Stuyvesant Town:1 bdrm, (Partner Hsg). What does Partner Hsg mean?

Mr.Keen
02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
So, you are already in at NYU?

Mobil
02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Yes, they will! Unless you know someone from the same gender who will also live there (special cases, such as, girlfriend and boyfriend with MacCracken as well are usually allowed to live together). When I asked about other options I was told that this was the unique option: 2 bedroom apt (a bigger and a smaller one).

ekonomiks
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
When I asked about other options I was told that this was the unique option: 2 bedroom apt (a bigger and a smaller one).

So there's no way to get an 1-bedroom apartment on campus, with or without participating in the MacCracken Housing Program?

Mobil
02-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, I think the option of getting an apt on campus is only available for those who get the MacCracken (everybody is funded with this fellowship), and that was the only on campus housing option, at least when it comes to Econ program.

ekonomiks
02-14-2008, 11:05 PM
So, you are already in at NYU?
Yeah, but don't worry. It's not econ.

Well, I think the option of getting an apt on campus is only available for those who get the MacCracken (everybody is funded with this fellowship), and that was the only on campus housing option, at least when it comes to Econ program.

What about off-campus, then? Any idea?

Any NYU student here who's living in an 1-bedroom apartment? If yes, how did you get it?

pevdoki1
02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
What do you plan to study at NYU, if I may ask?

ekonomiks
02-14-2008, 11:11 PM
What do you plan to study at NYU, if I may ask?

Cannot tell you. It's a very small program, and some people know I'm at Western right now. I don't wanna lose my anonymity.

Let's not go off-track. I'd appreciate any answers to my questions.