PDA

View Full Version : Hey,guys! I got Admission from UIUC (MA)

econphd23
02-16-2008, 04:34 AM
I was just informed yesterday that I was admitted by UIUC, the MS program in Policy Ecnomincs.
It is my first AD, so I am really very excited:)
Yep, I am still waiting for others, how are you guys doing?
I did not have too many economics and math courses in my bachelor degree, so all the programs that I applied for are MA. And I will apply for PHD after MA.
BTW, how you guys think about the UIUC program? Any ideas? It seems to be very expensive one.

polkaparty
02-16-2008, 04:58 AM

I did not have too many economics and math courses in my bachelor degree, so all the programs that I applied for are MA. And I will apply for PHD after MA.

BTW, how you guys think about the UIUC program? Any ideas? It seems to be very expensive one.

Grats!!! It's still early so most of us are still waiting. I don't know anything about this specific program, but I'm sure someone around here knows a bit.

Equilibrium
02-16-2008, 05:44 AM
I was just informed yesterday that I was admitted by UIUC, the MS program in Policy Ecnomincs.
It is my first AD, so I am really very excited:)
congrats, what might your profile be? or did you post it in that thread, i'll look

Ecocentric
02-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Hey econphd23! Congrats!

So far there are 2 other admits that i know of for this program. One is me and the other, EconMsGiggle. I hope there are more people here on TM..

Anyways, Ive heard that it is a pretty flexible program. Not sure about the no. of students who go on to top phd programs in the US tho. Hope someone here can shed some light on this particular program.
I too want to pursue a phd post masters.

True that the program is on the expensive side.

rcwlhk
02-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Congrats!!!

econphd23
02-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey econphd23! Congrats!

So far there are 2 other admits that i know of for this program. One is me and the other, EconMsGiggle. I hope there are more people here on TM..

Anyways, Ive heard that it is a pretty flexible program. Not sure about the no. of students who go on to top phd programs in the US tho. Hope someone here can shed some light on this particular program.
I too want to pursue a phd post masters.

True that the program is on the expensive side.
Congrats to you, too!
So what other ad you have got?
I know 3 friends in my uni who also get the ad from uiuc.

Valhalla
02-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Congrats to you, too!
So what other ad you have got?
I know 3 friends in my uni who also get the ad from uiuc.

Hi econphd23 did your friends got an admission for the MA program from UIUC or for the PhD program?

Equilibrium
02-17-2008, 03:08 AM
phd admits won't come yet from UIUC, anyone admitted would be the MA program so far

econphd23
02-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi econphd23 did your friends got an admission for the MA program from UIUC or for the PhD program?
they are all MA:)

Nymaj
02-17-2008, 03:22 PM
congrats

avkuvalekar
02-18-2008, 04:25 AM
hi econphd, can i get to know a bit more in detail about your background as in your UG courses and all?

avkuvalekar
02-18-2008, 04:28 AM
i mean, hi econphd23 :D, actually i am thinking of applying to good masters programs in 2009. My background is engg from Indian Institute of Technology. Currently working in Singapore in one investment bank in commodities IT (yeah, it's IT, not front office). No prob stats, linear algebra or real analysis. UG Course in economics, calculus, transform calculus, numerical solutions or diff equations and usual elec engg courses.

I would liek to know from the masters applicants about my chances of getting into masters programs with something like this. I know that ph.d. is kind of out of question with this.

statrics
02-18-2008, 04:31 AM
Congrats!!!