PDA

View Full Version : Done 4/51 sets of Guru's software.... Little help needed

pentiummani
12-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Hi there respected fellas. :)
I am currently doing Guru's software.... as you all know it has 51 sets and 100 words per sets so currently I have finished alphabet A having 400 words.....

Pals... I need your help. My and my friends problem is that when we get options for a given word we almost immiditaley jump to right answer..... but when someone asks randomly a true HARD word which is not used much in daily life... we r not able to answer correctly... I mean to say that we get 100/100 when doing test in Guru software cauz It has four options to choose from....
Has anyone else suffered from this phenomenon??? or is just with us.... Remember it is just with little amount of words not all..... but options make them very easy to detect...
Any answer will be much appreciated.
Regards.
Yasser [:o)]

ozgulker
12-11-2003, 01:47 PM
If you really want to learn the word, try not to get any help from the options. It is very normal and easy to find the correct answer if you are given multiple choices, the real trick is to know it without looking at them.

thaiva
12-13-2003, 04:14 AM
Hey pentiummani,

I have had this happen to me aswell once, I aggree with what ozgulker has written in the post, it normally is easy to choose the correct answer you just have to try and remember it without looking at the options avaliable.

What date are you planning to take the GRE?

shane
03-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi there respected fellas. :)
I am currently doing Guru's software.... as you all know it has 51 sets and 100 words per sets so currently I have finished alphabet A having 400 words.....

Pals... I need your help. My and my friends problem is that when we get options for a given word we almost immiditaley jump to right answer..... but when someone asks randomly a true HARD word which is not used much in daily life... we r not able to answer correctly... I mean to say that we get 100/100 when doing test in Guru software cauz It has four options to choose from....
Has anyone else suffered from this phenomenon??? or is just with us.... Remember it is just with little amount of words not all..... but options make them very easy to detect...
Any answer will be much appreciated.
Regards.
Yasser [:o)]

he he

DesT
04-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Right pentiummani! that indeed is a problem! but what matters in GRE is your final score! by hook or crook! hehe! But if you have enough time to prepare for your GRE say 7-8 months then you can go for more stringent tests, i guess! No multiple choices and all! so its the time factor i would say!

ncy111
04-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I agree with ozgulker. Before you even look at the answer choices, try to predict the answer. Predicting an answer will also help you on the actual test. Instead of spending time examining answer choices, you'll just be looking for you prediction. Prediction also helps you reduce the time you spend second guessing yourself.

Salem
04-07-2005, 06:20 AM
just to add to the gossip.....if u've got enuff time for preparing for the GRE.....i think u shud go for the flashcard thing....though it consumes time....but u end up memorizing the actual meaning of the word....which is just perfect....so give it a try!

electroprakash
04-08-2005, 04:43 AM
Hey pentiummani,

Even I have come across this problem. But the reason for this is 40% of the words in Gurus gre wordlist .21B are very easy. Inaddition, the test gives options which are completly different from the meaning of the key word, so it is extreamly easy to make odd man out and get the answer. So the better option is to give test as you want, and while reviewing you set the words which you can't give meaning as difficult and revise them many times. Do not depend on the test result of the Guru's software.

I take test just to screen the words, but not to measure can I answer them. Infact I take the test before I review the wordlist. Then I eliminate easy words and start revising. Do revision untill youare capable of giving the meaning or flavour of it without any choices given.

Best of luck.