PDA

View Full Version : A weird question about recommendation letters (how I saw mine)

Internationalstudent08
02-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Hi guys,

I've been lurking around this forum for some time. I would like to thank you all for the useful information you guys give here :).

I want to tell you about a weird thing that happened and ask you some questions about it. So, I applied online and had my recommenders send their letters to the university by regular mail. Like most of you, I waived my right to see them. You may know that if you have applied to a university that used the embark system, it is possible to see your online application in pdf form. Here is the weird part of the story: Apparently, in one of the universities that I applied to, they scanned and uploaded -as part of the same pdf file- the transcript... and the recommendation letters that they received. The question is: has this happened to any of you? Is it just an accident or part of their policy? Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated. I'm just trying to explain things

Thanks a lot!

asianecon
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Probably a glitch.

econphilomath
02-20-2008, 03:25 AM
definitely a glitch. I hope you didn't read anything you wish you had not read..."This guy looks good, but he's actually pretty average" ...ouch

Internationalstudent08
02-20-2008, 04:02 AM
One was spectacular, the other one really enthusiastic and the third was somewhere between good and lukewarm. i guess that overall they are alright... definitely nothing like "don't make the mistake our admissions committee did"... that would be funny :P

Olm
02-20-2008, 06:16 AM
I just checked... Oxford uses Embark and they didn't upload the recommendations, argh.

polkaparty
02-20-2008, 06:25 AM
"don't make the mistake our admissions committee did"... that would be funny :P

Woah, that is a great line! What a killer it would be in a LOR though....