PDA

View Full Version : nyu admitees

israelecon
02-21-2008, 03:41 PM
has any one of the nyu admitees heard back from them yet? or called them? or have any more information than was on the e-mail they sent?

iugi85
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
i have not received anything yet

israelecon
02-21-2008, 03:55 PM
how did you respond to their original e-mail?

iugi85
02-21-2008, 04:08 PM
how did you respond to their original e-mail?

i answered almost immediately, saying that i was very interested in receiving a formal offer.

EconPL
02-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Haven't heard anything either... I personally expect that the formal offer will come by mail.

eqtisadi
02-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Nothing here either.

econphilomath
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Nothing here either.

Congrats! I didn't realize you also got an NYU admit ... :tup:

Long time no-post!

eqtisadi
02-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks, pal!

Anyway, I got an email tonight (it's morning here already) with specific details about the financial aid.

They also mentioned the visit day (tentatively March 31st). I'm thinking to go. How about you guys?

iugi85
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
They also mentioned the visit day (tentatively March 31st). I'm thinking to go. How about you guys?

i will be there!

israelecon
02-23-2008, 05:07 PM
i can't make it, i have an exam 2 days later

statrics
02-23-2008, 10:07 PM
i can't make it, i have an exam 2 days later
Probably you can just go directly to Yale without thinking about NYU again.:)

israelecon
02-23-2008, 10:11 PM
i'm not sure if i prefer yale to nyu. yale is very econometrics oriented, i want micro and games. there is also another thread here somewhere about how would prefer nyc to new haven. (of course that might change after the yale admit).

statrics
02-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes, academic interest counts a lot. Yale is my best choice with a dream of being an econometrican. However, it is gone.
Good luck with the choices.

AstralTraveller
02-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Yes, academic interest counts a lot. Yale is my best choice with a dream of being an econometrican. However, it is gone.
Good luck with the choices.

A slightly off-topic question for Statrics (to help me ease the sadness about my almost-sure convergence to rejection for NYU).....

Does the Felix Cat avatar have anything to do with Econometricians? As far as I know, we are the only two participants of this forum with such an avatar, and we both want to do 'metrics. Interesting......

statrics
02-24-2008, 01:55 PM
A slightly off-topic question for Statrics (to help me ease the sadness about my almost-sure convergence to rejection for NYU).....

Does the Felix Cat avatar have anything to do with Econometricians? As far as I know, we are the only two participants of this forum with such an avatar, and we both want to do 'metrics. Interesting......

First of all, I really think you will definitely get admitted one of the best universities, e.g. UCLA. And the possibility for you to be admitted into UCSD and PSU is extremely high.

About the wandering cat, I was attracted by it because it best reflected my lather at that time. And I am proud to use the same avatar with the few econometricians in the forum.

Let us pray for UCSD next week!