PDA

View Full Version : a question for fellow TE'ers

israelecon
02-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I am presently doing a double major in econ-math. right now i am missing some math courses in order to finish the math part of my degree and these are required math courses not electives. now that i have been accepted somewhere, is it worth changing my degree to an econ major math minor degree, and instead of taking the required courses, taking more relevant courses?
will the university care that i wrote i am doing a double major in math econ and getting a B.Sc. and instead do this and get a BA? or is all they care about that i have at least a degree.
Here a B.Sc. is considered more prestigious, so is it worth finishing it instead of a BA or if i am doing a phd none of that will matter anyway?
also, maybe its worth taking it easy for the last semester (i.e. just giving up on the math courses so i can relax a bit
Any other thoughts on the matter will also be welcome.

btw, the reason this is still an issue for me is that there was a professors strike here, so we are still only in the middle of semester 1, semester 2 will only begin in may, so i still need to make choices about courses for semester 2. and also my exams for semester 2 will only end in mid august so i will be flying from the exam room to the US directly more or less, which may be another reason to take it easy in the second semester.

Ancalagon The Black
02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
I think that most US bschools start in September first week so you just might have some breathing space.

Greecon
02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I would ask my recommenders if I were you

israelecon
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
i will ask my recommenders too, i was just hoping for some input from
TMers, and maybe also those who are already in grad school.