PDA

View Full Version : In at Stanford GSB !

carmine
02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I just got an admission package from the GSB this morning. They offer a very attractive financial package. I think the decisions are out for all groups including the econ group. Wishing you all the best of luck. I'm going out to celebrate now. :tup:

nash12
02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
congrats..!! that is a truly awesome admit...they are one of the best in theory.

Sam_Jackson
02-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Rock n Roll!

trentnin
02-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Congrat!! Was it a mail, not email?

statrics
02-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Congratulations!

econphilomath
02-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Congrats! Would you mind saying on what continent you are on...

Antichron
02-22-2008, 07:15 PM
That's an excellent admit! Congratulations! :-D

carmine
02-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks, guys. It's delivered by FedEx. I'm in the US. Waiting has been frustrating, and I'm so glad it's finally over.

gregobad
02-22-2008, 07:29 PM
congrats! It doesn't look like the decisions are on the website (and post on the gradcafe says decisions came by mail), so I guess I'll have to anxiously wait out the rest of the day until I get home to check if there's something there for me...

Nalfien
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Congrats! GSB is the best there is for theory...

AstralTraveller
02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I just got an admission package from the GSB this morning. They offer a very attractive financial package. I think the decisions are out for all groups including the econ group. Wishing you all the best of luck. I'm going out to celebrate now. :tup:

Congrats! Did they call you for an interview, or just accepted you out of the blue :confused:

Anyway....what a superb admit...hope something similar is waiting for me :blush:

Thanks and kudos again!
AT

loudandclear
02-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I received an acceptance packet today as well, although for the political economics track.

AstralTraveller
02-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I received an acceptance packet today as well, although for the political economics track.

May I ask you same I asked the OP? Please, let us know if you were interviewed beforehand or not...and kudos on a super admit as well [clap]

loudandclear
02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I was not interviewed. The packet was the first thing I've heard from them since I submitted my application.

gregobad
02-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Just got a call letting me know I am in (Political Econ track). Haven't gotten the packet in the mail yet, but might be there when I get home. I also was not interviewed - don't think that's part of the application.

zjhtqf
02-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Has anybody received package from the Econ program?

Epictetus
02-23-2008, 02:15 AM
carmine, was your package for the GSB Econ group? i'm not positive but i know decisions were not final quite recently, and it would not be surprising for the groups to send mail at different times. so don't lose hope if you haven't gotten notice (or at least until it's clear that some econ people have received a package.)

zjhtqf
02-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Anybody got any news today?

Equilibrium
02-25-2008, 11:14 PM
congrats, people have been getting awesome funding!

AstralTraveller
02-26-2008, 12:11 AM
I called today (regarding the EAP program), and they told me no one had been notified yet. When I told her I knew somebody who had been admitted, I was told that indeed news would be released approximately on Wednesday, via phone calls or post.

So basically I got nothing.

Nymaj
02-26-2008, 12:17 AM
congrats

trentnin
02-26-2008, 12:17 AM
I called today (regarding the EAP program), and they told me no one had been notified yet. When I told her I knew somebody who had been admitted, I was told that indeed news would be released approximately on Wednesday, via phone calls or post.

So basically I got nothing.

Thank you for this information!
Then it is true that they did not notify anyone??

AstralTraveller
02-26-2008, 12:26 AM
So, it is true that they did not notify anyone??

Of course it's not. Carmine and LoudAndClear are my evidence on the contrary. But the lady from the PhD admissions office said we all had to wait :(

AT

trentnin
02-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Of course it's not. Carmine and LoudAndClear are my evidence on the contrary. But the lady from the PhD admissions office said we all had to wait :(

AT

Well, I was talking about EAP, not political econ. I do not know where Carmine applied to, but LoudAndClear did for Political econ.

zjhtqf
02-26-2008, 12:40 AM
But this is a good news, and Wednesday is not far away.

AT

loudandclear
02-26-2008, 01:12 AM
I think it is strange that she said that the admits have not all been notified yet, because my admission letter was signed by the head of the entire PhD program at the GSB (a finance prof. if I recall), and not just by the head of the Pol Econ track. In either case, the admit day is March 14th, so I would imagine if you've been admitted, you'll find out in the next couple of days.

Valhalla
02-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Congratulations to all admitted students! Great Admit!

iugi85
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
just received my package of admission :)

econphilomath
02-26-2008, 02:29 PM

The Italian Stallion has done it again! Great admit!

AstralTraveller
02-26-2008, 02:31 PM

I promised to myself not to stay here anymore.....but I can't, and since I had such high hopes for Stanford's EAP, I'm really depressing.

Hey, Mr. FedEx postman, deliver the letter, the sooner the better!

Julius
02-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Congrats!! :tup: Is your status in online application changed?

I think I'm out if I don't get anything tomorrow.:(

iugi85
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Congrats!! :tup: Is your status in online application changed?

I think I'm out if I don't get anything tomorrow.:(

no online no changes! actually i got it just today, so it's possible that there are some delay in other packages. good luck!!

loudandclear
02-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Congratulations!

bgg
02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
iugi85: Congrats for the awesome admits! Is the admit for the regular Econ PhD?

doubtful
02-26-2008, 04:15 PM

I don't know if you will get into Mit... but.. otherwise, my italian suggestion is, go to Stanford GSB economics... just look at where the alumni are... top5 Econ departments OR top5 Business Schools... that makes the difference

AstralTraveller
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Buddies, I have just been denied admission to Stanford GSB's EA&P program. Informed me via e-mail to see decision at website. Didn't hurt as much as NWU, mainly because I knew this was my biggest reach school......

Anyway, 1 dream school less, 7 more to go (discounting the four Fulbright schools which will be "no funding, so return to your home country, you filth" admits if/when they happen)

Olm
02-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Buddies, I have just been denied admission to Stanford GSB's EA&P program.

I am so sorry to hear that Astral :( I hope you get accepted somewhere soon!

(discounting the four Fulbright schools which will be "no funding, so return to your home country, you filth" admits if/when they happen)

LOL!

doubtful
02-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Buddies, I have just been denied admission to Stanford GSB's EA&P program. Informed me via e-mail to see decision at website. Didn't hurt as much as NWU, mainly because I knew this was my biggest reach school......

Anyway, 1 dream school less, 7 more to go (discounting the four Fulbright schools which will be "no funding, so return to your home country, you filth" admits if/when they happen)

I am really sorry for you, let's cross our fingers for UCLA.. another friend there could be useful for the future...

Julius
02-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Ok. Now I'm out :(
Doesn't hurt that much though, anticipated result.

Alcyone
02-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey All,

I chanced upon this forum while looking for some info on financial packages... and wanted to reply since you're all anxious. Stanford GSB EAP did indeed inform on last Friday by email and by Fedex. I was told that only 5 people were accepted, only 2 from the US.

Their package was good, but not quite as good as Yale's...I was quite shocked by that!

Good luck!