PDA

View Full Version : tortured by UMN

kuejai
02-23-2008, 01:01 AM
So far, I haven't received anything from UMN, so I decided to call UMN today around 3pm. Then, she told me that she will resend the email to me. I was waiting and waiting. Again, no email from her. I decided to call back around 4:45pm. It seems like no one in the office anymore :( Is she seriously going to make me wait for 2 days???? That's completely ruin for my weekend!!!

02-23-2008, 01:11 AM
I checked my online application, and it says "Application Sent to Graduate School Review Committee." Does it mean they are going to send me a rejection through graduate school?

Luckykid
02-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Just assume you are rejected then you can get blind drunk all weekend in sorrow. When it turns out on Monday that you are accepted then you can say you celebrated all weekend by getting blind drunk...

Roy

kuejai
02-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Anyone else still left out without news from UMN?

kuejai
02-23-2008, 02:01 AM
I checked my online application, and it says "Application Sent to Graduate School Review Committee." Does it mean they are going to send me a rejection through graduate school?

I think my status said received. So...

zsla
02-23-2008, 02:03 AM
I have a feeling that you are torturing people. Think about what I am trying to say.

kuejai
02-23-2008, 02:23 AM
I have a feeling that you are torturing people. Think about what I am trying to say.
I have no mean of making everyone gone crazy with me. I just want to share info I got from UMN today. I know there are still people out there with me. I just thought that this thread can be a medium for us to communicate. I know other people probably sick of hearing this. However, just think about people who are waiting out there with me.

zsla
02-23-2008, 02:44 AM
No, I mean you are torturing the grad secretary. Do you think that departments are full of bad people and don't care about the rejected applicants? There might be a couple of them. But I personally know the lady to which you talked today. She is "very" nice. There must be some misunderstanding. Are you a native speaker?

kuejai
02-23-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm not a native speaker, but I have been in the US for 4 years(though my GRE verbal sucks), and I use english as my primary language since. I speak my native language to my parents only. I called, and she said specifically that she will RESEND the email to me. I even asked her if she could send it to my office email since I was at work at that time, and I cannot check my yahoo email. She also told me that she could not tell me the result through the phone. I would say that means the decision was made. I did receive email from UMN before, so I'm sure that they have a correct email. Thus, I do not know why she didn't send the letter to me though I agree that she is really nice on the phone.

arieshion
02-23-2008, 05:48 AM
i haven't heard from them either, and I am too afraid to call...

arieshion
02-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Kuejai, when you talked to the secretary, did she say all the decisions were sent?

I am wondering if I should call them...

Thanks.

YoungEconomist
02-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Just assume you are rejected then you can get blind drunk all weekend in sorrow. When it turns out on Monday that you are accepted then you can say you celebrated all weekend by getting blind drunk...

Roy

LOL.

I like this, if I find myself in this situation next year I will probably do the same.

kuejai
02-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Finally got the answer, yes it's reject as expected, but I'm happy that I know the result. Anyone that did not get the email should call Kara. It was end up that my yahoo email rejecting all the email from Kara(don't know why since I got email from UMN before). May be my yahoo email doesn't want me to be sad lol. Anyway, good luck everybody.

arieshion
02-26-2008, 03:21 PM
i emailed Kara. I am on the waitlist.

kuejai
02-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Congrats!!! not the best answer, but you surely got the answer:)

arieshion
02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Congrats!!! not the best answer, but you surely got the answer:)

Thanks! though I think the chance of admission for me is slim...