PDA

View Full Version : Who here applied both to Econ PhD and Business PhD?

teardrop
02-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I did to both at Stanford but it was foolish since there's no one I can work with at GSB. I just cast a wide net. Anyway, I'm not getting in for sure.

AstralTraveller
02-23-2008, 07:28 PM
See my sig.....7 econ programs, and 7 programs at B-schools. Carefully chosen over a 24 month period. Now I am wondering why I didn't apply to more programs, and why did I apply to certain programs as well :(.

Why did you apply to Stanford GSB after all? Was it just for the brand, or was there something else to it? Surely I applied to some "big brands", but I chose those I did because of fit with the programs.... Harvard didn't fit me, same for Wharton and several more so I forgot about it....However, I would have been happy at NYU Econ or Yale Econ or Maryland's Smith school or Rochester but didn't apply there in the end.

Anybody else wanna share?

Olm
02-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Never feel bad for applying to too many econ programs. Even if you shot over your head, you will feel better for at least having probed the admit. In my case, I applied to Rochester knowing that it is very unlikely that I would get in, though I thought I had a decent chance at Duke and UCSD. I don't have any "safeties" at all, and that might screw me over in the end. Oh well. I think Irvine accepts apps until what, July 1st? ;)