PDA

View Full Version : Hahn and Arrow

sonicskat
02-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone,
In my math class, we are doing some advanced proofs of the fundamental welfare theorems, using the techniques developed by Hahn and Arrow (i.e. Brouwer's theorem for a CE).

My professor has said that the book by the authors that was published many moons ago is harder to find than the Ark of the covenant, however I was curious if anybody knew of any lecture notes, books (cheaper the better), or other resources which specialized in this materials. Unfortunately in this class, the MWG treatment is not rigorous enough.

Thanks for your help, and good luck with the admissions season beginning

zappa24
02-23-2008, 11:37 PM
The Hahn/Arrow book actually isn't that hard to find, as there are a few copies of it on Amazon. As for not too expensive, it depends on your idea of expensive (there were used copies around $75).

buckykatt
02-25-2008, 12:16 AM
And I'd be shocked if you couldn't borrow it via inter-library loan... Being a starving student again has really got me back in touch with my local library. ;)

Weary
02-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Try Spring 2006, Economics 201B (second half), University of California, Berkeley (http://emlab.berkeley.edu/users/anderson/Econ201B/201Bindex.html) and notes at econphd.net (especially Efe Ok`s book on analysis). It might also be useful to look through home pages of mathematical economists that are still active. Off the top of my head one of those just left northwestern...