PDA

View Full Version : I got 203 :( ... IŽll repeat the TOEFL soon!!! HELP!!!

Fativale1
12-13-2003, 03:31 AM
<font face="Tahoma">HI guys!
I got 203 in my real TOEFL and I was so upset. I need 213 at least so I have to repeat my Toefl, I will do it on January 5. I really need help with how to format the ESSAYS.
I got 3.5 in my essay.

I f you have any advice I will appraciate it.

THANKS!!!

Fativale :cool: </font id="Tahoma">

Fativale1
12-13-2003, 03:37 AM
:o:o:o

Fortune
12-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Hi there,
You should surf through the section "TOEFL Essay" in this forum. Reading out as many essays as possible, you will feel easier to write a good essay.
Regarding format of a TOEFL essay, there are always three parts: introduction, body, and conclusion.

For the introduction, embed the essay topic in it, write your opinions but don't go in detail here.

For the body, try write about three paragraphs each includes one of your opinions coupled with your example.

For the conclusion, restate your opinions and may give some suggestions (optional).

and one tip for you, try complete the essay in time, even you still have many other interesting ideas, stop extending your ideas when you have about 5 mins left and right away go to the conclusion.

IMO, a completed essay (even poorer in ideas) will give you higher score than uncompleted one richer in ideas.

Good lucks in your next attempt.

ramana2004
12-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Fativale1,

Can you post your score details in LC, Structure/Essay and RC.

Thanks
Ram

An Min
12-16-2003, 02:42 AM
hello, Fativale1!!

Before the test of writing, they give you a tuition and teach you how to use the buttons during the test. You do not need to pay attention in the tuition, because you have already known that in the last time. Therefore, you can use the time to write some words, sentences, or a whole essay, which you remembered previously, in the draft paper. The strategy will save you a lot time in the writing section.

Good luck in the next test!!!

Fativale1
12-16-2003, 03:23 AM
HI Fortune, Ramana and An Min! Thank you very much for your advices and your replies ;)
Fortune, I am surfing through the section TOEFL Essay and I found it really interesting. I need to practice a lot.
An Min, good point! that is a helpful way to save time. Thanks!!!
Ramana my score is :
L: 18
S: 19
R: 24
Essay : 3.5

Total score: 203

Fativale :)