PDA

View Full Version : advice required regarding quant .

ashhad
12-15-2003, 08:39 AM
hi to all,

I want an advice from you people.is www.gresecrets.com(a quant guide for gre) is good for for last minute prep. if anyone of you have used that guide please respond ,eagerly waiting for your replies.thank you.
AS

webguru
12-16-2003, 07:56 PM
The correct web site address is http://www.gre-secrets.com

Thanks

nullywave
12-19-2003, 08:02 AM
I told you I owed you one and here I am.
I downloaded their 2 months ago and found it good for the first minute...

If you know -as I figure you do - that:
1) it is better to estimate ( eliminate three obviously wrong answers)
2) on the comparative questions to plug a 0, 1 or –1 often gives you the answer
3) it is good to draw the shape in the questions about geometry
4) ETC.

Well if you knew all this already do not download their stuff.
Rather, a much more useful review and practice on what you’ll likely find on the GRE Q part is on the GRE website. Join their diagnostic service. It is only $15 (not the $39 something of the GRE secrets) and you’ll learn a lot on each of the math abilities tested by GRE. There are some 10 questions for each math section (data analysis, problem solving, geometry, probability etc.) ordered by increasing difficulty. At first you have to answer to the questions. Once finished you can review your answers and the explanations for the right answers. I found it indispensable. Some of them are tough but once explained they seem easy. For sure it’ll take you no longer than half a day to complete all of them. When familiar with even the most difficult question I am sure every question on the D day will be a joke. I strongly advise you to get the diagnostic service. Here is the web site.
http://grediagnostic.ets.org.

After all who knows better what are going to be the instruments of the torture than the “perpetrator” of the torture?

madhumita
06-09-2005, 06:54 AM
IS GRE Sectrets worth buying? Waiting for a response.

stylepts
07-03-2005, 02:02 AM
2) on the comparative questions to plug a 0, 1 or –1 often gives you the answer

Can you give me an example of what you mean by this technique?

manasi4gre
07-03-2005, 09:34 AM
It means substituting different values in the eqn. given in the question.

stylepts
07-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Ok I thought he meant something else...I wasnt thinking about functions where that'd be the obvious thing to do. Thanks tho.