PDA

View Full Version : ~257~ On December 15, 2003

XJessicAX
12-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Today I got my score by the phone..I'm sooooooooo happy right now!!
Listening - 28
Structure - 28
Reading - 21
Essay - 5.5 - Erin, see? Thanks for calming me down..I was surprised to get this score but very very happy!!

Total - 257!!

Thanks to ERIN and the rest who helped me with my doubts!!

laura
12-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Congratulations on your score!

ramana2004
12-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Jessica,
Congratulations!Can you please give some hints on listening and structure.

1. How did you score your POWERPREP?
2. Is your POWERPREP score and actual TOEFL score are same?
3. Did you increase your score by using POWERPREP?
4. Did you get same score at first test and at the last test in POWERPREP?
5. If you improved your score in POWERPREP, how did you improve your listening and structure skills?

All the best in your applications to universities...

Thanks in advance...

Fortune
12-29-2003, 09:30 PM
To XJessicAX: congratulations, your scores are high enough for you to get into a good program. goodluck

To ramana2004: I have some expereiences with PowerPrep that you may want to know.

1. PowerPrep is very similar to the real test. the picture, interface of program, and the voice, and especially, the difficult level, all are very similar. Try to practice with PP as much as possible , you will get more familiar and be calm with your real test.

2. for my case, my score on the CBT is 263 without TWE. and my scores with PP ranged from 250 to 273. So the real test is very close to the simulated test.

3. If you want to improve your listening score, the only way is to practice as much as possible.

Good luck

ramana2004
12-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Hi Fortune,

Please let me know the listening material, if you know any. Also, any tricks in listening and reading. While practicing PP, I can understand everything clearly and I thought that I answered correctly. But, final score looks so odd. Please help me.:shy:

Thanks
Ramana

XJessicAX
12-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Yep, What Fortune said is a good enough answer for your questions :)
I did some practice, and the last powerprep test range me the same score as the actual test from 203 - 260..I found the reading part the most difficult..the listening part for me wasnt that difficult but I watch a lot of american programs (too much) so I know a lot of slang and all.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Good Luck!

XJessicAX
12-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Ramana, Check out in the forum somewhere Im sure I saw a lot of practice test online, look for them here in the forum somewhere..
thats the only way youll improve your listening skills, by practicing and watching television also (in english ofcurse)..

sunxcat
12-31-2003, 03:09 AM
Congratz on your score !

All the best for a bright future !

Erin
12-31-2003, 03:52 AM
Jessica, I'm so happy to hear of your success. You must be super happy right now!! [goodjob]

Congrats, and happy holidays! :)