PDA

View Full Version : Question about internship

floridapharm08
06-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello everybody!!!!
My question is the following: I am looking for an internship in state of florida, I just got my foreign graduate pharmacy intern licence, I was wondering whether can I work as a pharmacy technician or not, and will my hours be counted as an internship hours?
If anyone is passing his/her internship in FL, pls respond!!!!!
Thank You

kulmeetb
06-18-2008, 01:04 AM
It is easy if you have work permit, if you need H1B you have to wait for Nov.
-

saintbishoy
06-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Well...I guess it isn't easy to count your hours towards the board either if you have a work permit or not because it is 2,080 hours ...nobody would count these hours as an intern.
-

kulmeetb
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
well...i guess it isn't easy to count your hours towards the board either if u have a work permit or not ...because it is 2080 hours ...no body would count these hours as an intern

It's easy you have to get a intern permit from board of pharmacy which requires a SSN and an approval from NABP to appear for the exam and find a company who is hiring Interns and your perceptor will write these hours for you.you can do 1,500 hours like that remaining you would have to clear FPGEE,TOEFL and get FPGEC and submit to board before they will count. It's all on website of state of Florida.
-

floridapharm08
06-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the reply!!!
My situation is a little different. I already have green card and an intern licence but the DM-s in my area email me back that they do not have any room for this summer, maybe I should reapply in the autumn, and I also cannot move out from Florida, because I'm married, my husband works here, so I decided to pass the FPGEE first and then reapply again,otherwise when they see that you don't have the fpgec certificate, chances drop down!!!!
I just hope that I will find something, even part time.
Anybody in Florida if you have any information or experience of internship, pls reply !!!!;)
AR

I can do it!
06-26-2008, 02:59 AM
hi floridapharm08, welcome to the florida intern problems!

It is a hard struggle to find internship here. I would say, keep trying and also focus on FPGEE studies, if you still have to clear it. As far as I know, technician hours do not count towards intern hours.

I found one place to work as an intern after 2-3 months of search, even when I had greencard, FPGEC and intern license!!! Let me know if you have any other Questions.

Verdeamarelo
06-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Hello I can do it,
Did you get a position in hospital or retail? How is the payment range? I will be also looking for FL intern position in the future so it is good to hear from your experience that it might take a while to find a position.
Thanks!

saintbishoy
06-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Well I have the same experience I have a green card and I cleared the fpgee but didn't get the TOEFL yet. I tried to get an intern position but I guess I couldnt untill now but you have to keep going maybe someone will call you back.
Best of luck to all.
-

canadian in florida
12-19-2008, 04:58 AM
I live in Florida and plan to search for an internship position very soon. I'm awaiting my results from the Dec 08 FPGEE, but have passed the TOEFL, have a greencard and SSN. I understand Florida is a hard state to find internships, due to the large number of hours req'd. Does anybody have any suggestions or know of any internship positions. I live in Southern Florida.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

hanvesh
12-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi everybody,
Iam waiting for my results of FPGEE.Iam going to write TOEFL next month.I stay in newjersey,my doubt is:
1.When can I apply for internship?
2.Is it difficult to find a sponsor in newjersey?
3.When can we start working as a trainee?
Please clear my doubts.
Thankyou.
Hanvesh

firas2ff
12-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Hello for all
I really need an arabian pharmacist who is interested in solving my problems pls....I am lost and I do not know what to do .......any helper would Email me at:::firas2ff@hotmail.com
I will be thanksful

Verdeamarelo
12-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Hello "Canadian in FL",
I finally got my intern position here in south FL. After spending a lot of time sending resumes over the internet and receiving many no's I got the position by actually going to my pharmacy of choice and asking to talk to the pharmacy supervisor/ manager about getting an intern position. I will be starting in the end of the month.
You must have all the documents ready and with you by the time of the interview.
hope this helps!
Good luck

maifrenchie
12-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi guys!
Do you know if we have to do the internship only in chain pharmacies like CVS/Walgreens...etc... or can we also do the internship in smaller independent pharmacies?
I wish good luck for all December 2008 takers!May 2009 be our lucky year!

firas2ff
12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
I REALLY NEED SOMEONE'S HELP:
Hello for all, I really need a kind pharmacist to explain for me:
What would be the next steps following passing the FPGEE exam, since I did the exam on Dec 2008, in case that I am looking for a job in the United States.
I am about to take the TOEFL, either PBT or IBT, which I am also confused what to take among them, and my question is: which one would be easier to prepare and take?
Can I do the internship in the states before getting the FPGEC license? Because I heard the some states like Michigan and Florida offer thinks like this!!
Would you refer me the most important pharmacies in the United States? I mean the names of them!!
Please for all readers for this subject that I do not live in the United States, neigther I have a Green card, state ID, and that only have a tourism visa.

I really would appreciate that kind pharmacist who will answer me with details and web links kindly. Thank you a lot!
My Email is: firas2ff@hotmail.com

fafy
01-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Hello,
you now need to take the TOEFL ibt and not pbt which is not accpeted by NABP.
Then the requirements regarding the internship are different in the different States. So you should check with the Board of the State you're willing to be licensed in. But know that right now is not the ideal time to find an internship. It is really hard even with a work permit.
Good luck.
Fafy