PDA

View Full Version : ON THE TEST DAY THIS SATURDAY-someone who went through that please reply

annitta
06-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi guys,
I am reading the instructions for the test day and I see that there will be no safe place to leave our bags-this sounds ridiculous!!!Anyone that took the exam -is it really that strict?
And also, do you know if during the lunch break we can meet friends in the test center or outside?
Thank you!

ni123
06-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi,annitta
I am also appearing for the exam the Saturday. You dont have to worry so much .

1. generally they provide lockers for your important stuff.
2. if they don't there is a solution just carry minimal stuff
clear ziploc bag in which you can keep your wallet ,which willl have important items like your driver license ,passport ---------- all identification stuff.
then,don't carry your cell phone .................. just carry lot of quarters in your wallet ........... in case you need to call if you dont have anybody with you.

3.carry your admission ticket very important
4. you can carry your watch .......... but they will ask you to remove
which you can keep in your clear bag underneth the table.

I can do it!
06-26-2008, 02:43 AM
hi annitta and ni123,
there is a lot of info about test day already posted on this forum, but am answering since you still have this confusion.

I took my test in NY in dec'07 and the test was in a huge hall. The front area was used to leave our overcoats and bags. We had to leave our cell phones in the bag there. There were some supervisors who got mad at me for bringing cell phone to the test hall, but I told without becoming afraid that I am travelling from another state, how can I travel without a cell phone, and I had nowhere to leave it. I had checked out of hotel that morning so I had my small bag too. We had to leave everything in the front area--unattended--there were no lockers given. I and many others were concerned about our stuff, but it all went ok, nobody lost anything.

We were given large ziplock bags to keep our wallet, id, exam ticket and were given 2 pencils. We had to leave our wrist watch in our bags too, there were several big clocks placed at every few rows. It was funny about toilet breaks, that you had to take turns with a toilet pass.

And yes, in the lunch break we were free to meet our friends in or out of the exam room.

My experience comes from NY, other centers had it different than us, so keeping minimum stuff is best, but like me, if you have to keep some more stuff, you've got to take your chance. Most of all, reach the test center atleast 20-25 min early as there was a looong queue to get inside, once you get your seat, visit the toilet and relax before the test starts.

Goodluck to all of you!

annitta
06-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks A Lot!!!!
You Are Very Nice!!
Thank You

jen11
06-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi

A big "thank you" from me also.

Jen11

starzs9
06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks for info.
It really helped us.

vivyzeta
06-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Thank you!

:)

RP_NC
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot. I was really concerned about the luggage..