View Full Version : FPGEE foreign license enquiry

08-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi all,

My enquiry is about the required documents for the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination. in specific the international licensure documents.

I will be very thankful if you could help me with a specific answer for my case, or forward me a contact that can help me with it,

I am an international pharmacy graduate, i earned my five year pharmacy degree from a middle-eastern country. However, i am not a citizen of that country and for this i was not allowed to register as a practicing pharmacist in the country i graduated from. Moreover i can't go to the country i was born in and register in it due to instability in it.

I wanted to ask if anybody knows about any solution or any waiver scheme for people with a case like mine "in regards to the proof of licensure abroad, which is impossible for me to obtain. because i was not allowed to register for nationality reasons out of my hand, and not for any reason personal to me".

All of my other documents are up to the required standards.

Please please, I will appreciate it a lot if anyone can help me with a specific answer.:rolleyes:

Thank you very much,

08-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Hi postgrad,

You may want to read this thread on the Pharmacy Forum, your situation seems similar:


I hope it helps you.
Good luck,

08-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Postgrad, where are you from? & where did you get your degree from?

I'm from Palestine, earned my degree from UAE. I have the same problem as yours, & still I haven't got anybody or anything to help me.

Have you got any ideas?

08-29-2008, 06:21 PM
anaclteo85, thank you for your help with the link. the problem is that they do not give any information about the alternate procedures, and where I live they will never give me a certificate saying that I cannot register due to nationality reasons. But really thank you very very much.

kittycat84, I guess you can say we are in a very very very similar case senario. I have almost exactly the same condition you have but living in another country.

I will keep looking and will let you know if I get anything, and if you do get anything please post it here as a reply.

Thank you.


08-31-2008, 02:14 AM
I would try to call NABP, explain your case and see if they can give you more information about the alternate procedure.

I am not sure why you say "where I live they will never give me a certificate saying that I cannot register due to nationality reasons". If you are not a citizen of the country where you graduated, then you just need a document stating the truth. But I guess things can be more complicated than that.

Did you get in touch with the Board in the country where you got your Pharmacy degree? Did you try to speak to someone in a higher position inside the Board?

Good luck!