PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I have a question about the pharmacy technician job for who took the test?

erytica
09-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Do you think it is useful in the exam to work as pharmacy technician, because I work in a pharmacy and I don't know should I continue or not? How much is it useful?
Please need help.

blowingsoul
09-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Hi! From my experience, it is very helpful to start as a pharm tech. I learned the drugs names and also some of the questions in the fpgee involves drug interactions which some of them I have encountered while typing prescriptions. It would be easier too when you start your internship because the store you are working with can just promote you.

lilacgal
09-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi,
I just have one question. I live in CA and I was wondering what are the requirements if I want to apply as pharmacy technician? Thanks.

pharmas
09-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi! You need to apply and take the PTCB exam (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) and be certified by them. After you got your certificate, you will have to apply for pharmacy technician license to CA board of pharmacy. I post the link for PTCB site.

PTCB | Home (http://www.ptcb.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home1&WebsiteKey=9d90bd98-be45-4b90-ae8c-25ab71fa0923)

lilacgal
09-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.