PDA

View Full Version : Pharm.D. (Post Baccalaureate) from India

Dee2008
09-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi, I applied for FPGEE last year and they turn me over because I finished my 4 year B.Pharm from India after 2003. Now I am planning to do Pharm.D. (Post Baccalaureate) three year from India. What do you guys think, am I be eligble for FPGEE after finishing that or they could still say, even this is PharmD but only 3 year. You need 6 year degree.

smileysilvia
09-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Hi
You need to clarify with NABP, whether they will accept the PharmD programme done outside USA. This is not clear in their application process for FPGEC. I think PharmD programme in India started very recently and in few colleges, try to find some good college if you decided to do this. My advise is instead of doing your PharmD in India, you can try equivalent exams in UK, Canada or Australia, because if NABP changes the rules after 3 years when you finish your PharmD (I am just telling what i feel and not discouraging you). All the best for your career.

kridev
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
NABP may not accept that programme. They compare degree to degree. Seems like this is post graduate programme (like m-pharmacy). See here lot of useful discussion going.
Pharm. D. in India (http://www.pharmainfo.net/eswar/pharm-d-india)

Pharm. D. colleges in India (http://www.pharmainfo.net/eswar/colleges-offering-pharm-d-programme-india)

You might post your question in that site and best thing would be check with NABP.

annelvis
09-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi. I am Ann from the Philippines. I also graduated BS Pharmacy batch 2006. So I am also not eligible to sit for the exam. What schools in the Philippines can I enroll for the Pharm D? Would this allow me to take the exam after I completed Pharm D.

Thanks in advance.

Dinu77
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi, Dee2008!
I am in same situation. I am also planning for Pharm D. (post Bac).
I think It will be ok after completion of 3 year Pharm D.(post bac). I check with several people and all said it will be ok for FPGEE.
But I am going to call NABP. and make sure before taking admission.

Also this is long process to complete Pharm D. such as 3 year Post bac+3-6 month to get registration from University + apply for ECE 1 -2 Month + NABP + FPGEE at least 6 month ( It held twice a year) then NAPLEx + TOEFL +RX Law+ 1500 Intern hours. and If you fail or not ready for exam it will take another 6 month. Overall it take 5 to 6 year . And at that time we don't know if any rule chnges for foreign graduate?

I think best way is either do 3 year Pharm D Program in USA.internship will complete during school time and only has to give 2 exams Naplex and Law(?). I think this is fast way .
Any body has know better way please enlight.
Thanks
Dinu77

Dee2008
09-19-2008, 03:55 AM
I sent the letter to NABP also and got NO from them too. So I will explore my options in USA now. Thank you all for suggestions.

mehul2199
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Any one got approval for post baccaluarate pharm d?
Please mail me on

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.