Urch Forums

Any news from USC?

I applied for MS Computer Science (Game Development) there and haven't heard a word since - my app was complete by mid December. Does this mean I'm out of contention?

I'd really appreciate any responses - I did get in there as an undergrad and declined :(

Hi, I have applied there too - for CS PhD.

However I have no response either :(

I know of a guy from Croatia who was in the beginning of March.... but no one else.

I asked them about decision dates and they said "we are mailing out decisions all throughout March and April".

We'll have to wait :(

gtp - Yep, you are right. I called them up yesterday and they told me that my application was being reviewed (atleast it's not a rejection just yet :hmm:).

The annoying bit is that they will not email/call to inform us of an admit. They will post the letters sometime in April, and given that it takes atleast 10 days for snail mail to reach me from the US, it might just be too late :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
gtp - Yep, you are right. I called them up yesterday and they told me that my application was being reviewed (atleast it's not a rejection just yet :hmm:).

The annoying bit is that they will not email/call to inform us of an admit. They will post the letters sometime in April, and given that it takes atleast 10 days for snail mail to reach me from the US, it might just be too late :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard one way or the other about CS PhD in April yet? I'm still waiting. If any of you are sitting on an offer (in the case that I'm waitlisted) please decline!!

Yep, I just wrote to Siria Martinez yesterday. She's responsible for the CS PhD program. I am rejected.... I will soon receive it by mail, so I guess they e-mail only the positive answers.

Anyway, I already have 4 universities to choose from and did my choice yesterday.

(oh, and still waiting for UPenn and GATech!)