Urch Forums

Understanding all the tenses

Bazza

TOEFL Teacher's post has spurred me to ask, what other topics would those in the forum like covered?

I thought I might work through the tenses, because there is so much misunderstanding surrounding these. Not just regurgitating what is available on every website, but getting down to the nitty gritty. I would start with the Present Tense, then Present Continuous etc., and along the way to the Past Perfect tenses, covering why we could say:

I go to Hawaii next year.

or

I am going to Hawaii next year.

or

I will be going to Hawaii next year.

What do forum members want?

• 3 months later...
TOEFL Teacher's post has spurred me to ask, what other topics would those in the forum like covered?

I thought I might work through the tenses, because there is so much misunderstanding surrounding these. Not just regurgitating what is available on every website, but getting down to the nitty gritty. I would start with the Present Tense, then Present Continuous etc., and along the way to the Past Perfect tenses, covering why we could say:

I go to Hawaii next year.

or

I am going to Hawaii next year.

or

I will be going to Hawaii next year.

What do forum members want?

Any of those would be great. I personally like present perfect and present tense (it's more complicated than it would seem).