Urch Forums

How to Complain about TOEFL testing center?

shubha_03

Guys i need to complain ETS abt bad testing conditions. I'd a horrible time while i appeared for my Toefl. I looked up the web & couldn't find anything. If anyone is aware can you help me.

I took this information from TOEFL bulletin:

TEST CENTER COMPLAINTS

For Computer-Based Tests

Educational Testing Service

Computer-Based Testing Network Group

Mail Stop 16-Z

Rosedale Road

Princeton, NJ 08541, USA

Attention: TOEFL Complaints

For Paper-Based Tests

Educational Testing Service

TOEFL Test Administration Services

PO Box 6163

Princeton, NJ 08541-6163, USA

Attention: TOEFL Complaints

Fax

1-609-771-7710

I took up my test at phoenix..Bethany Suite. It was horrible that the people at the centre were not aware of the rules for identification. i'm on dependent visa here & passport is the only form of identification i have here. Initially they refused to allow me to take the test for not producing another form of id. I was shocked & spoke to the administrator to check the website as i had read it clearly that if you are testing outside the country of your citizenship you have to just produce your passport. Finally he spoke to someone else & then allowed me to take the test. I gathered my composure & went in for the test. I was in poor health that day & they had a single restroom common to both men & women without a lock. We'd to wait for long standing in queue spending most of the break there. I couldn't believe i was testing US. I have tested with ets in India before & the conditions are far better & test administrators are better educated abt the testing rules & regulations. Therefore i want to lodge a complaint with ets for the harrowing experience i had.

If you have problems with test centers or test procedure and send complaint to ETS and never hear back from ETS, do not hesitate to send your complaint to NY attorney general and attorney general of the state you take the TSE or TOEFL iBT.

Office of the Attorney General

P.O. Box 080

Trenton, NJ 08625-0080

We need to complain to the right office so that we can get better services in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Uffff. I have experinced that working staff in US is not as adept as it is back home,India.

This is off the track but I had a horrible experience with a US "banker" who was referring to my US$ 11,000 Demand Draft (Banker Cheque) as just "cheque". I had to convince him that It was a DD and that meant it was as good as cash. But he refused. Had his "expert opinion" been true, I would have had to beg in US to buy my ticket home !

But I made him call all the banks in question and then he verified that my "cheque' was "good" !!

wrt to your ETS complaining stuff I would request you that just forget about it and concentrate on your studies.

You may have to study forever if you go to take the test at a bad test center which never been improved.

Slaves will not be slaves forever. You have a right to receive a good service that you pay for. We are doing business with ETS, not being employees for ETS.

This is America. :p

If you haven't heard from ETS about your complaint, please file the complaint to authorities, NJ Attorney General and the attorney general in your state.

State attorney generals have responsibilities to supervise businesses in their own states. If you haven't heard anything from General Attorney in a certain time, you may have to contact higher authorities in your state and NJ.

Or you may hire a private lawyer to take care of the problem. In this country, we may need a third party to help us solve the problem.

Good Luck.

Knok

• 8 months later...

Please give feedback about toefl-ibt location:

name of the center? location? how many people are giving their exam in a room? how are the equiptment? How are the proctors? how to go there (directions)? and so on...

SOmetimes the location also ease up some of our worries... we have enough problems to worry about this exam and worrrying abour the location is no help so maybe knowing the background of the locations will help ease this problem...

thanks

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/toefl-spe...locations.html

• 4 years later...

Test Center: Academic Campus Connections

This complaint is regarding my traumatizing experience during TOEFL test which I took on 12th December in "Academic Campus Connections" which is located at Punjagutta, Hyderabad.

This test was very expensive and very important in terms of my future plans. When I scheduled this test I was hoping for a hassle free experience. However the reality was very different.

My exam got interrupted thrice. Once when the system hung up. The second time when the RAM of the CPU failed and the third when the assistant shut the internet off.

But the most distressing part was the attitude of the test administrator who was very rude and very unhelpful.I've requested for a new system but she paid no heed. Instead of being empathetic about my situation she started getting defensive and kept arguing.

After such an experience I would like to lodge formal complaint against this center for what had transpired. I know I have a strong case as they have the whole session recorded through TOEFL video surveillance