Urch Forums

Request for MFA forum (or forum for liberal arts and humanities)

Sidharthskumar

Well what about a catch all "Liberal Arts" Grad school to cover things like History/Romance Languages/Literature that isn't MFA...

Then one for Clinical medicine (Med School, Nurse practitioners- I guess you could include Public Health though it isn't always clinical and now they have the MHA it definitely isn't clinical...)

Maybe one for Education as that seems to also be somewhat specific.

Ok, I think I've just displayed that I am not entirely brilliant, but those are some ideas of divisions that I think are reasonable. :blush: :blush: maybe

Sidharthskumar- I think part of the problem is that there are not a lot of MFA people on this site. For example- if you were to post in the Grad school admissions- "Anyone going for an MFA" Probably everyone interested in the MFA would reply, but there still would not be as many as the ECE or what not...

I think MsDemeanors divisons are OK. I'd put the Physicians in a different category as they have make the MCAT and whereby would have specific discussions about the test.

The Phd in Education is a lot different than engineering.

I think also that a catch all for liberal arts would be a good division.

Okay, give me a couple days. Things are kind of busy right now (our summer programs start tomorrow!).

[TOOLTIP=For what it's worth.]FWIW[/TOOLTIP], I will probably make more general categories as opposed to narrower ones; I think that works better for an exchange of ideas. :)

I will probably make more general categories as opposed to narrower ones; I think that works better for an exchange of ideas. :)

That sounds great...a general forum would definitely be helpful . Seeing as there are so few of us, I really appreciate the fact that you intend to start a separate forum :)

*One of these ppl who don't post too much speaking* :D -

Sidharth Kumar, I'm also applying for an MFA, albeit in Multimedia...I think it might be a good idea for us to keep in touch...you can pm me and I'll do the same.

good to see an artist.

Btw Here's some food for thought :

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"

The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"

The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?" :D :D

Btw Here's some food for thought :

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"

The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"

The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?" :D :D

that was a nice one..

:D

Actually, I've seen a lot of people interested in an MFA post on other forums, so they are definitely around, more so than literature people. And, when Erin started the forum on GRE Subject in Literature, we thought not many people would react, but they did, and it's grown bigger than some of the other subject test forums already (and that's not only due to my posting...). So I think lurkers will become active members if they see that there is something for them and that there are some people in their field whom they can share their experiences with, 'cause that's what it's all about, no?! :)