Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: For foreign pharmacists who graduated after 2003

Eager!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Question

Sponsored Ad:
    hi crisjing! first of all, thanks! yes I know Ms. Cauilan, I heard she's in the US but didn't know she's still there because some of my classmates said she came back because of discrimination issues, I'm not sure though. So about your questions:

1. The first year of PharmD curriculum is a classroom setting. We had Immunology, Disease State Management 1-6 (different body systems), then Pharmaceutical Care 1-8? (this is like the Management Part, OTC/Self-care, Pharmacokinetics, etc) - for my opinion, it's like the subjects you really need for FPGEE. By the way, it's really different from that of BS because its mainly on the clinical aspect of pharmacy. The second year is an internship to be held in Makati Medical Center (Jun-Sep, Nov-Mar) and Manson/MedExpress (October only). Once a week in the hospital there will be a lecture from the doctors (different departments/week) with quiz after, and also a case study (1 for each student/semester) presented individually. Then your hospital duty is only 3days/week.

2. Classroom setting - half day monday - friday individual reporting
    Hospital setting - 1 day usually wednesday lecture/quiz/case study then 3days/wk 8am-5pm rounds

3. I think Masteral and PharmD are really different, im just not sure.

4. Perhaps you could give that a try, but I think it would be best if you'll call them so you can have straight answers for your queries right away.

There. I hope I was able to help you. God bless. Good luck!

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi Notinal,
    Thanks for your reply. I agree PharmD and Masteral are totally different from each other (CURRICULUM WISE). We don't do hospital duty its just plain lectures, reporting and quizzes.
    Oh that means if someone intends to enroll for PharmD you must be a full time student then.

I guess that's about it. I'll keep in touch with you.

Goodluck on your exams.
    crisjing

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

batch 2006

Hi notinal I'm an alumni from UST too. BS Pharmcay batch 2006.ok so i guess we have seen each other in the hallways. but i have to say congratulations for your hard work has paid off.i might be a lil late in replying to this post but its such great news to hear that someone from our batch is sitting for the FPGEE.i was a bit wary of taking up the PharmD in CEU too after we graduated 06 for fear that all might go to waste as you said because there was no assurance of getting approved to take the Fp right? Well, now we have options. I have a question though, do you think NABP let you take the exam because you "continuously" studied pharmacy from 06-09?See, Im in the States now and all I still have is my Philippine license, which i think expires this march tsk tsk..I'm a certified Pharmtech here though but I'm not in practice..So now I'm now considering going back and taking up PharmD in hopes of being able to sit for FPGEE..My first option was the Davao or Cebu school but then I read your post and got excited that you guys in CEU MAkati can now take the exam. I read in your previous post that there were 7 of you sitting for the exam.Is that everybody already or just those that did have their transcripts evaluated? I'd appreciate your help with this one.

Goodluck with your exam!

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi HeartsOfRomaine! So you're a batchmate. =) Well, actually 1 of the 7 already took the exam last October 2009 and she passed, she even got her certificate already. The remaining 6 (including I) will all be taking the exam this April 2010. As for your question, if NABP did just allow me to sit for the exam is because I studied continuously? No, not necessarily. A lot of my classmates from PharmD who will be sitting for this April exam have finished their BS degree around 2004 - 2005, then enrolled in PharmD in 2007. Thank you and Good luck to you too!

Good post? Yes | No

same situation

im so glad i found this thread.. im a 2007 graduate from UST.. planning to go back to the philippines for the pharmd program in davao.. i want to know if the time, money and effort will all be worth it.. am i gonna be able to seat for fpgee afterwards? any response is appreciated..

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by nfabo View Post
    im so glad i found this thread.. im a 2007 graduate from UST.. planning to go back to the philippines for the pharmd program in davao.. i want to know if the time, money and effort will all be worth it.. am i gonna be able to seat for fpgee afterwards? any response is appreciated..
    Hi nfabo! im not really sure about that curriculum they have in Davao, but from what I've learned it is like +1 year additional clinical pharmacy and not a PharmD degree. I took my PharmD degree from CEU Makati and its a 2-year curriculum. I was able to sit for the April 2010 FPGEE as well passed my TOEFL iBT. I had my FPGEC certificate last month. =) So basically, I'm a living proof that taking PharmD degree in CEU Makati makes it possible to become FPGEC certified. For me it was all worth it, even if I'm still hoping to get an internship still, I made one step ahead of becoming a US pharmacist, don't you think? So good luck to you, reach for your dreams! =)

Good post? Yes | No
    is there any way that 2 years can be less? being in the city is better than being in davao, where ive never been to before.. but for my status in the US i prefer not to max out the 2 year allowable stay outside the continental states.. say, if i take more subjects in a semester so i can take the program in less than 2 years, is that possible?

Good post? Yes | No

Unhappy

Hello po, my name is Nagy, i graduated as BSPharmacy at Cebu Doctor's University last April 2010, and also passed the PRC Pharmacy Licensure Exam at june 2010, right now i want to continue my career as PharmD at CEU.In admission,Do they also require a specific average or grade (lets say not less than 2.1) even though that I am already licensed pharmacist? pls rep...thnx

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bibonagy View Post
    Hello po, my name is Nagy, i graduated as BSPharmacy at Cebu Doctor's University last April 2010, and also passed the PRC Pharmacy Licensure Exam at june 2010, right now i want to continue my career as PharmD at CEU.In admission,Do they also require a specific average or grade (lets say not less than 2.1) even though that I am already licensed pharmacist? pls rep...thnx
    hi bibonagy! well, unfortunately I can't answer that question, because definitely there is screening. We had entrance examinations and interview with the College's dean before we got in. Also, one of the requirements for the program is really to be a licensed pharmacist. I hope I helped you somehow. You can always visit there website at www.ceu.edu.ph. goodluck!=)

Good post? Yes | No

hi

hi Notinal, I am already licensed pharmacist, I did visit the website of CEU, but they do not say anything about specific grades being required.... can you please answer my question either yes or no? thank you..

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information