Urch Forums

pharmcy technician certification your help needed?????????

nona1

Hallo

Idecided to go through pharmcy technician certification program while iam waiting for fpgee result . and Ihave no idea about the material needed for this test .So if any one went through this experiance I need your help please ,

your response is appreciated.

nona

Hi Nona1,

I also suggest you to check with the Pharmacy Board in your state. I just started working like a Pharmacy Tech and was able to do "on the job training". There are specific requierements, like finding a state approved Pharmacy to do so, long application and after 160 hours (paid of course) you can apply to take the PTCB (you have 1 year to complete everything).

It should be a lot easier to get a job, since you are a Pharmacist (regardless of where you studied).

Good luck to you.

Hi! Nona,

Probably do you stay now in the USA?

If so, you just go to some public libraries and you can find some books for ptcb. I took the ptcb exam, it was not difficult. Now I didn't remember the title of the book with which I prepared the exam. Anyway let's you know later.

Good luck to you!:)

bona

I recommend Pharmacy Technician Workbook and Certification Review third edition by Morton Publishing. You can buy it online. This workbook helped me a lot esp. the calculations since there's a lot of calculations in the pharmtech exam. It is the same type of problems they use in the exam... Good luck!

Hi,

This is Jaya currently on H-4 status residing in USA.

I am looking forward for a suitable job position in a pharmacy anywhere in USA.

I would like to know the sponsors available for pharmacists in USA who could also convert my status to H1.

I have cleared TOEFL(iBT) and have appeared for FPGEE(Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalent Examination)conducted in Dec 2008 and am awaiting the results.

I have graduated from India in 2001 with a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree and have worked as a pharmacist in India.

Please let me know if anyone could sponsor me,without requisition of FPGEC certificate for any position in a pharmacy.

Your response and help would be highly helpful to me.

Thank you for your time and help.

Please feel free to discuss with me in this regard as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jaya.

• 10 years later...

Hi I'm Jonas, I'm a Filipino Pharmacist and a holder of a non immigrant (tourist) visa. I would like to apply for a pharmacy tech certification board, I already checked the site (ptcb.org) regarding on how to apply for CPht but still don't know where to start. I want to ask you several questions like:

1. I have a post secondary (university) degree, do I still have to get my highschool diploma and form 1-37?

2. Where will I submit all the requirements once it was accomplished?

3. Can I use my passport card / non immigrant (tourist) visa to take the PTCB test?

4. Once I accomplished all and passed the exam, can I use my certificate as an eligibility requirement to seek for a job in CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens or Walmart, and they will be the one who will process my eligibility to work legally in the US.

If worse comes to worst, and I didn't qualify to take the PTCB exam,

5. I'm planning to apply in Pennsylvania and I have checked the state requirements needed by the pharmacy tech and I observed that it does not require a national certicate like PTCB, it only requires a training. The question is, am I allowed to directly inquire to an employer like (Walmart, CVS etc.) to work there with regards to the fact that I only have a tourist visa.

Any advice?

Thank you so much, your reply is highly appreciated..

Nona, if you do not have a visa that let you work legally in the USA, it is a waste of time, because no one will sponser a visa for a technicians.

You can find all te information in PTCB | Home

Best wishes.

>>>Hi I'm Jonas, I'm a Filipino Pharmacist and a holder of a non immigrant (tourist) visa. I would like to apply for a pharmacy tech certification board, I already checked the site (ptcb.org) regarding on how to apply for CPht but still don't know where to start. I want to ask you several questions like:

1. I have a post secondary (university) degree, do I still have to get my highschool diploma and form 1-37?

2. Where will I submit all the requirements once it was accomplished?

3. Can I use my passport card / non immigrant (tourist) visa to take the PTCB test?

4. Once I accomplished all and passed the exam, can I use my certificate as an eligibility requirement to seek for a job in CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens or Walmart, and they will be the one who will process my eligibility to work legally in the US.

If worse comes to worst, and I didn't qualify to take the PTCB exam,

5. I'm planning to apply in Pennsylvania and I have checked the state requirements needed by the pharmacy tech and I observed that it does not require a national certicate like PTCB, it only requires a training. The question is, am I allowed to directly inquire to an employer like (Walmart, CVS etc.) to work there with regards to the fact that I only have a tourist visa.

Any advice?

Thank you so much, your reply is highly appreciated..