Urch Forums

Results from Sept 2011 are on NABP website !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNS Pharm

I study the pharmacology recall of an anand ramachandran

1000 mcq , theory book of manan eventhough I have all the but I focus on basic and the theory book of manan and I didnt have time to study the chemisrty book and the calculation and the statistics

The pharmacological questions was easy but the hard one for me is the management questions

I passes with 130 and I prepared from Cpr and Apha. I didnot do any online course and studied for 3 months. For me 1000 q were useless so I didnot finish them..yes managment from manon was a great help. My advice to all future test takers is spend more time on Apha that is the best book for the exam.I found so many questions from that book plus do basic calculation..I remember there were a lot of questions where you could answer by common sense actually answer was hided in question. Be very careful about question read it completely with patience. I finished my test 45 mins before the time so dont worry about time,you would have enough to go through. All the structures in Apha are extremely important.I am so happy because this was my first attempt. Good luck to all.:encouragement:

good for you :) I wonder how gif did. I still cant believe it.. 109 with a month studying...

but it was weird though the result still under April results.

thank God

Congratulation Crystalrose ;) I also did only month of studying - and was so afraid that that was not enough ....

GIF did good too ;)) Congratulation too!!! It's funny we did Pre-FPGEE on the same day and got same points and from the real exam also almost the same ;););)

Passed the exam with a score of 92 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Thanks to all those who posted valuable advice and information.

I took this test many years (10 years) after my graduation and i havent been in touch with the subject. I work in an entirely differenct field now. So i had to brush-up the basics. I studied the basics for a while before i started with serious books.

I watched lot of videos online to brush up the basics (khanacademy/ academicearth)

I also watched the Kaplan videos of USMLE pharmacology etc. They were helpful in learning the subject.

I studied the following books Lippincotts Pharmacology, Leon shargel comprehensive pharmacy review (You have to review this book atleast couple of times to retain important information), Mannon Shroff 1000 questions (Just a quick way to review )

I also used to study online a lot. I used do preliminary research on each topic (bulletin) online before i study about it in books.

I thought the exam was nice, I neither felt good or bad after the exam. There weren't many direct questions that you can answer right away. I didnt do a lot of calculations either. More questions on management/statistics than i anticipated. They also asked more questions on immunology than i expected.

If i were taking test in April, i would study the book APhA and Mannon Shroff management instead of CPR.

Plan well, spend quality time understanding the subject and review couple of times before exam, you will do great. Good luck

• 6 months later...