Urch Forums

fpgee nov. 2012

mike2012

Hi everyone, im going to take my fpgee in nov. 2012 .im so coufused about studying materials [ comprehensive pharmacy review , apha reviw and lippincott pharmacology] .did anyone hear about the live course in illinos from may 18 to may 24 for fpgee course ?.thanks for helping.

Hi Mike,

I have just given April exam and want to suggest future test takers just one book..AphA..I do studied this book , but gave lot of time to other books too like CPR and Lippincot's P'cology which now i feel was shear waste of my valuable time...my advise would be just stick to Apha..revise 5-6 times thouroughly...try to understand the concepts too coz in exam you'll be asked indirect questions...don't waste too much of time in preparing p'cology...for pharmacy management try some good books which gives idea about pharmacy practice in Us..we had so many questions from Mgmt. which couldn' answer because the books i read didn't have mgmt..so just try to search some good book for this part...

hi neha ,thank you so much for ur advice .I bought the apha book this week it looks good source to study from.at least not complicated as the comprehensive pharmacy review . Did you hear about fpgee secrete book . Im thinking to buy it also.Thank you in advanc.

Hi Mike,

I have just given April exam and want to suggest future test takers just one book..AphA..I do studied this book , but gave lot of time to other books too like CPR and Lippincot's P'cology which now i feel was shear waste of my valuable time...my advise would be just stick to Apha..revise 5-6 times thouroughly...try to understand the concepts too coz in exam you'll be asked indirect questions...don't waste too much of time in preparing p'cology...for pharmacy management try some good books which gives idea about pharmacy practice in Us..we had so many questions from Mgmt. which couldn' answer because the books i read didn't have mgmt..so just try to sea

rch some good book for this part...

hi neha , thanks alot for ur reply and advice . Ijust notice that there is two apha books ,one for fpgee and the other for naplex . is it right? do u know if there is big difference between the 2 books {contents} or not? good luck with your exam results soonand please let me know .thank you .

Hi Mike...

I don't think that you should buy the book that you have mentioned in your post earlier..after giving the exam i realized that AphA is the book you should concentrate on first...just need to know basic p'cology...once you have completed APhA then you can go through first few chapters of CPR.... I read P'kinetics from CPR but now i feel Apha has covered few topics that are not there in CPR especially kinetics in case of certain disease state....Statistics too is an important topic...hope this will help!!

Once I pass the exam then I can give my advise more confidently :-)

Thanks

Neha

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I am glad to tell that I passed the exam.....want to advise future test takers few things..

Start with APhA first....then CPR 1-19 and then Mannon and Shroff Management Questions..i did'nt do aa the questions from mannon and Shroff and so couldn't get veryu gud score..we had so many questions fro Mannon and Shroff and AphA..just concentrate on these 3 books and your school notes for basic P'cology...i referred Lippincott which was not a gud idea...

gud luck to all the future test takers..

thanks

Neha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi mike, i took my fpgee in Nov 2010 and i passed it on first attempt. The secret is for you to focus on one particular textbook and then do as many questions as you can irrespective of the source. I focused on CPR only and i did alot of questions from different sources. Focusing on different text will take your time and will make you loose focus.You can answer the questions on APHA but not to read the topics in it, the more questions you expose yourself to, the better for you. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I took the FPGEE exam in April of this year. I agree that you do not need to focus on Pharmacology but I disagree that APHA FPGEE book is sufficient. You need to cover Comprehensive Pharmacy Review for the first 10 or 14 chapters (cannot remember exactly) until you get to the disease specific chapters, then you do not need those.

I doubt that I would have passed if I studies APHA FPGEE alone. Having said that, I got a score of 120 so maybe I studied too much!

hi this is ayaz I am also taking fpgee exam in nov I am studing with apha but im not sure that it is enough i also have comp pharmacyreview but it looks too hard to me Is there any other fpgee exam material that we should also go through Please reply me if anyone has a information on it

Hi Ayaz,

ApHA is an excellent source for the second part of the exam, but, for first part you need to go through Comprehensive Pharmacy Review(Chapter 1-17)..don't read Biotechnological product and Nuclear Chemistry.Apart from this Mannon adn Shroff 1000 Q&A is really important.Initially CPR takes lot of time, but it becomes easy after 1-2 revisions. So don't be panick..Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, i've registered with the NABP for the november FPGEE examination and they sent me an e.mail containing my authorisation to test, unfortunetly the name they sent in the e.mail was missing a letter in one of the middle names and thats probably because of the NABP application (the one you have to shadow your name, my name was too long for it so i've written the extra letter, guess they use computers to read the application so they didnt notice) . Anyways the examination admission card has the same problem although my certficates and everything else has the right name. So please if anyone could help me with what i should do to correct my name i would be so grateful!!! Thanks a lot

Please Help!!

I am preparing to apply for the FPGEE. And I have a major concern about being accepted for the exam.

Because, I graduated from pharmacy school (5 years coursework) on 2006, yet I was registered and licensed for pharmacy practice in my country on 2008.

Do I have to practice for 5 years in my home country to get accepted into FPGEE?

Please reply ASAP!! :blue:

I would like to make sure that I am sending the right documents to each office.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc (ECE):

1. ECE Application Form for Transcripts and Degrees evaluation

2. Fees paid as a certified check

3. Official transcript x2 (sealed)

4. Official proof of degree x2 (sealed)

National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) at NABP:

1. FPGEC Application Form for Examination and Certification

3. Official proof of license and registration (sealed)

4. Two identical photographs.

5. A certified photocopy of a current and valid passport

Please confirm if those are the correct files needed to be sent to each office. :dejected:

That looks about right. I sent 3 copies of my transcript and proof of degree to ECE...I think they use 2 and send the extra one to NABP...but I am still confused about that so double check with either place. It might be different for different countries of study. Also, make sure your photo is GLUED on properly to the NABP application, I had to re-send my application because it fell off.

ECE also asked for a photocopy of my degree parchment. Check if you need to send that too.

I would like to make sure that I am sending the right documents to each office.

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc (ECE):

1. ECE Application Form for Transcripts and Degrees evaluation

3. Official transcript x2 (sealed)

4. Official proof of degree x2 (sealed)

National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) at NABP:

1. FPGEC Application Form for Examination and Certification

3. Official proof of license and registration (sealed)

4. Two identical photographs.

5. A certified photocopy of a current and valid passport

Please confirm if those are the correct files needed to be sent to each office. :dejected: