Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FPGEE for Philippine residents

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: FPGEE for Philippine residents

Sponsored Ad:
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiRPh View Post
    Hello.

I am US citizen and UST Clinical Pharmacy 2013 graduate currently finishing my hours as an intern RPh in the state of California. I just want share my experiences here and from other pharmacists I've worked with who also went through the FPGEE process (I know 2 RPhs who came from Egypt and they shared their experiences with me). Unfortunately, the current conditions of the pharmacy world in the United States is that there is an overflow of US graduates. In my region (central/Southern California) its difficult to land a full time staff pharmacist position in either hospital or retail because of the amount of US grads. Intern spots are also at stake. I have not heard of any retail pharmacies sponsoring any foreign graduates in the past years since many of them would rather sponsor a non US citizen who graduated in the US with a PharmD, I'm not saying that there isn't any who will in these conditions but if you are really adamant on pursuing the "American Dream" be prepared to dedicate several years in finding that working visa sponsor, intern pharmacist position, and a dedicated source of income to finance your way through the process. It will be a long and hard journey but if you make it to the end, that would be one lifetime accomplishment. Good luck to everyone!
    I think I know who you are hahahaha! If this doesn't work for me, I might change my career path haha! Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Good post? Yes | No

[QUOTE=Recipe7;992527]I'm not too familiar with visas unfortunately, so I can't comment there.

Regarding the exams and process: FPGEE is given every April and November. To be eligible you have to pass the requirements of the ECE and NABP. ECE evaluates your transcripts and related documents. Once ECE oks you, they will inform NABP that you are eligible and NABP will give you a date to take the exam.

Hello there, I'm Jonas, I'm also a Filipino Pharmacist, but I only have BSPharm (4 year course) as my credential, am I still qualify to seat and take FPGEE exam. And is it possible if i'm going to take the remaining 1 year Pharmacy Course in the US to make it to 5 years. Your response is highly appreciated

Good post? Yes | No

[QUOTE=Jonas;1022127]
    Quote Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post
    Hello there, I'm Jonas, I'm also a Filipino Pharmacist, but I only have BSPharm (4 year course) as my credential, am I still qualify to seat and take FPGEE exam. And is it possible if i'm going to take the remaining 1 year Pharmacy Course in the US to make it to 5 years. Your response is highly appreciated
    To be eligible for the FPGEE you need to have completed a 5 year course, which is pretty much the 4 year BS and the 1 year clinical course.

The only other option is to re-enroll in a pharmacy program in the US for the 2-3 year course for foreign graduates. There is no extra 1 year course to take in the US to make make the missing clinical year.

Good post? Yes | No

Thank you for your response @Recipe7, I want to know how can I apply for a student visa if I already have a tourist visa? thank you so much..

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Thank you for your response @Recipe7, I want to know how can I apply for a student visa if I already have a tourist visa? thank you so much..
    That I canít help you with unfortunately, i have no personal experience with visas.

Good post? Yes | No

Hi, I just want to ask what are the requirements and qualifications needed to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician in the USA. I understand that being a US Pharmacist is a long process and I needed a 5 yrs Pharmacy course.. I am thinking of an option if I would apply and become a CPht in the US..

Good post? Yes | No

You just need to take the exam for technician in state where you would like to work. Check the ptcb.org, it tells you the requirement before taking the exam and based on my experince i would rather you pursue becoming license pharmacist here than just being a technician.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Hi, I just want to ask what are the requirements and qualifications needed to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician in the USA. I understand that being a US Pharmacist is a long process and I needed a 5 yrs Pharmacy course.. I am thinking of an option if I would apply and become a CPht in the US..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information