Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Are there any fellow German pharmacists preparing for FPGEE?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Question Are there any fellow German pharmacists preparing for FPGEE?

Sponsored Ad:
    Looking for information and help with the application process.

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Are there any fellow German pharmacists preparing for FPGEE?

The FPGEC bulletin is helpful https://nabp.pharmacy/wp-content/upl...letin-2019.pdf
    I also sent you an e-mail. Feel free to ask me anything.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by soniczek View Post
    The FPGEC bulletin is helpful https://nabp.pharmacy/wp-content/upl...letin-2019.pdf
    I also sent you an e-mail. Feel free to ask me anything.
    Hello everyone,
    I am in the same position and would highly appreciate some information.
    Are German pharmacists registered after 2003 able to do the FPGEC? Because of 4 years of university and 1 year of internship? Does anyone have experience or tips?
    Thank you so much in advance I am so thankful for any help.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Juli510 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am in the same position and would highly appreciate some information.
    Are German pharmacists registered after 2003 able to do the FPGEC? Because of 4 years of university and 1 year of internship? Does anyone have experience or tips?
    Thank you so much in advance I am so thankful for any help.
    Yes, they are!

Your documents will be evaluated by ECE, and they will send their evaluation to the NABP. You also have to register for an NABP e-Profile, where they will update you on your application status, what is missing etc.
    Here are some infos, make sure to study the FPGEE bulletin thoroughly: FPGEE | National Association of Boards of Pharmacy

One little tip, the NABP is going to need a document from your university about your 1 year internship, listing all the subjects with the hours that you had to take during the internship. I didn't get such a document and had to request for it to be made from my university.

As of right now, they offer the exam only once per year in October. Another new thing is that you have to pass the TOEFL first.
    Changes to FPGEC Certification Program Coming in 2020 | National Association of Boards of Pharmacy

Good post? Yes | No

Yes, they are!

Your documents will be evaluated by ECE, and they will send their evaluation to the NABP. You also have to register for an NABP e-Profile, where they will update you on your application status, what is missing etc.
    Here are some infos, make sure to study the FPGEE bulletin thoroughly: FPGEE | National Association of Boards of Pharmacy

One little tip, the NABP is going to need a document from your university about your 1 year internship, listing all the subjects with the hours that you had to take during the internship. I didn't get such a document and had to request for it to be made from my university.

As of right now, they offer the exam only once per year in October. Another new thing is that you have to pass the TOEFL first.
    Changes to FPGEC Certification Program Coming in 2020 | National Association of Boards of Pharmacy

Thank you very much! These are great news!

I still have a few questions about the documents.
    Is it correct that the ECE gets the transcript and the proof of degree (Approbation?, Zeugnisse?)?
    And the NABP gets the proof of license (Approbation?) and the document about the 1 year of internship (does the ECE need this as well?).
    Iím also unsure about the number of documents I should request (in sealed envelopes). I thought one for the ECE, one for the NABP and one for me to translate if necessary.
    Did you get the documents translated or did you get them in English?
    Maybe one of you studied in Mainz as well?
    If you have any other tips, they are highly appreciated!
    Thank you again so much for answering.
    Have a great day.

Good post? Yes | No

I'm from Mainz, too! Awesome!
    I'll try to make this as detailed as possible, because there was a LOT of back and forth with both ECE and NABP

What I sent to ECE:

• Cover letter explaining that the original Proof of Degree (Staatsexamendsendzeugnis and License) will arrive in the next weeks from LSJV
    • Document matching form with my infos and Reference Number
    • Marriage certificate (for name change)
    • License (Approbationsurkunde) copy + translation + translator's certification
    • Official transcripts from Uni in a sealed envelope
      1. Staatsexamenszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      2. Staatsexamenszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      3. Staatsexamenszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      Staatsexamensendszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      Documentation by Landesapothekerkammer Rheinland-Pfalz about the contents of my internship, issued in English with original signatures and stamps, in a stamped sealed envelope

As far as I remember, ECE does a great job of listing everything you need to send them, so pay attention to that. They are also quick to reply and answer questions.

Please note that they want the original translations,
      with original stamp and signature on translator's certification and original stamp on each translation with date.

For the internship stuff, contact Joachim Thoss at the Apothekerkammer Mainz, he is SO helpful and now knows what do write into the document, and he did it in English

In general, for everything that ECE and NABP want in a stamped and sealed envelope, request an additional copy for you.

What I sent to NABP:
    • Cover letter explaining that they got my original license (Approbationsurkunde) from LSJV on June 25th 2018 and my name change
    • Attestation page with photo, notarized
    • Extra photo
    • Copy of passport, notarized
    • Marriage certificate copy, notarized

NABP complained that my middle name was not on the original documents, and requested proof that I'm the same person. I explained that the documents have my birth date and birth place on them, and sent them a certified photocopy of my birth certificate as proof along with its original translation.

They also complained that my license (Approbation) was issued by LSJV and not the Landespruefungsamt, to which I explained that this is the issuing body in Mainz, they belong together and are in the same building, and it was even signed by the same person as my Staatsexamenszeugnisse. That cleared that up. I felt like I was the first person ever applying from Mainz.

I know it's overwhelming but I hope this will spare you the problems I had. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Good post? Yes | No

Red face Re: Are there any fellow German pharmacists preparing for FPGEE?

I'm from Mainz, too! Awesome!
    I'll try to make this as detailed as possible, because there was a LOT of back and forth with both ECE and NABP

What I sent to ECE:

• Cover letter explaining that the original Proof of Degree (Staatsexamendsendzeugnis and License) will arrive in the next weeks from LSJV
    • Document matching form with my infos and Reference Number
    • Marriage certificate (for name change)
    • Official transcripts from Uni in a sealed envelope
      1. Staatsexamenszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      2. Staatsexamenszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      3. Staatsexamenszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      Staatsexamensendszeugnis-copy + translation + translator's certification
      Documentation by Landesapothekerkammer Rheinland-Pfalz about the contents of my internship, issued in English with original signatures and stamps, in a stamped sealed envelope

As far as I remember, ECE does a great job of listing everything you need to send them, so pay attention to that. They are also quick to reply and answer questions.

Please note that they want the original translations,
      with original stamp and signature on translator's certification and original stamp on each translation with date.

For the internship stuff, contact Joachim Thoss at the Apothekerkammer Mainz, he is SO helpful and now knows what do write into the document, and he did it in English

In general, for everything that ECE and NABP want in a stamped and sealed envelope, request an additional copy for you.

What I sent to NABP:
    • Cover letter explaining that they got my original license (Approbationsurkunde) from LSJV on June 25th 2018 and my name change
    • Attestation page with photo, notarized
    • Extra photo
    • Copy of passport, notarized
    • Marriage certificate copy, notarized

NABP complained that my middle name was not on the original documents, and requested proof that I'm the same person. I explained that the documents have my birth date and birth place on them, and sent them a certified photocopy of my birth certificate as proof along with its original translation.

They also complained that my license (Approbation) was issued by LSJV and not the Landespruefungsamt, to which I explained that this is the issuing body in Mainz, they belong together and are in the same building, and it was even signed by the same person as my Staatsexamenszeugnisse. That cleared that up. I felt like I was the first person ever applying from Mainz.

I know it's overwhelming but I hope this will spare you the problems I had. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
    I am thankful beyond words! This is amazing. This is such a great help.
    Thank you for the tip with Joachim Thoss. I know him .

I will definitely let you know if I need anything else.

Thread Information