Sponsored Ad:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue: given in Princeton Review.com Online test

Dare To Dream

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Hi All,

"A person who knowingly commits a crime has broken the social contract and should not retain any civil rights or the right to benefit from his or her own labour"

I think this is a complex topic and I don't understand it fully. Does it mean that everybody who commits a crime should be stripped of all their civil rights and their rights to benefit from their own labour regardless of the nature or severity of the crime they commit? Is this seizure of entitlement to civil rights or the right to benefit from ones own labor meant to be perpetual for each and every crime? I am unable to offer constructive comments on the previous posts because I am failing on the first and basic requirement to writing a successful issue essay; taking apart the issue. For instance how would one phrase the opposing view?

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    I think you may give your own definition of the terms you find recondite. In the end, it's not a test of professional knowledge, but how you can build up your argument based upon your perspective on the issues!

Given the extremist view of the proposition, an alternative view is to probe into the continuous spectrum of penalty. How about a partial retention, versus the all-or-nothing approach? How to parameterize the escalating severity of trespassing against the proportional deprivation of civil rights? All these are leave for your pondering and scribbles.

Good luck!

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    A considerably fluent essay, highly construed in legal cognition given a good scaffold of logic.
    I suppose it’d be better to differentiate between civil rights and economic rights, as “or” connote either or both.

The social contract is well defined, and the resumption of illicit behavior deals a good blow to the retentionist.

However, the link is kind of loosened between rehabilitation programs and the retention of civil rights. Are they explicitly complimentary, or substitutive in one way or the other? Bear in mind not to leave the readers convoluted.

The last paragraph appears consummate, though it’d be better to contextualize abidance by social contract in the prevailing legal systems. Profoundness in itself is purposeful only if the mechanism in itself is feasible. To this end, I would suggest the author to think how the deprivation of rights would progress our mankind, or vice versa. It’s my heuristic rule not to jump over, but to build up the brick-and-mortar of my prose stepwise.

Last but not least, mind the subtle difference between “advice” and “advise”, in noun and verb form respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaero View Post
    Caution is adviced in such means of rehabilitating the perpetrators.
    My 2 cents; hope the author won’t mind my being a bit austere!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information