Urch Forums

Best Book for GMAT Reading Comprehension

coffee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

If you are looking for prep materials for reading comprehension, I recommend using the Manhattan book. Manhattan publishes the best resources in their books, and you are guaranteed to have high quality questions. And of course, in terms of practice, you can't do better than the Official Guide to the GRE. Since this book is made by the test makers, it has questions that are more similar to the actual test than any other test prep book. Besides that, there is not too much else out there in book format that will be useful. One other tip, though, if you are looking for extra practice or challenging practice, I recommend using the GMAT Official Guide. The GRE and GMAT Reading Comprehension questions are extremely similar, so you would definitely benefit from practicing with some of the GMAT material.

I hope that this helps a little. :)

• 4 months later...
Though for practice purposes, OG is the best; it has many passages. However OG does not in a way teach you:Strategies to crack RC. Manhattan GMAT's RC book has discussed many strategies on RC. Its worth seeing. That said, RC is such a subject that is flooded with many strategies. There is no best practice. I suggest you to read the blog of Bunnuel of GMATClub. He has discussed many strategies and book...they are all very subjective.

• 5 months later...
I agree with previous posts, the Official guide is definitely the best for practice questions, but as far as strategy goes, you are much better off using the MGMAT guide. I would start with the MGMAT guide to get a handle on the strategy then use the OG guide for more practice. If you are aiming for a 700+ score, you might also want to look into LSAT practice questions, since the LSAT RC section is very similar to the GMAT 600+ level RC questions and passages.