Try the 1000 RC series !
How to improve RC
I'm not getting good scores on the reading comprehension section and my reading speed isn't really that fast either. I've gone through all of the official guide reading comp. material but I still need more practice. What additional books would you recommend I get and what more would you guys suggest I do? Thanks.
I also had a similar problem, couple of things i did:
- Stopped practicing RC questions.
- Started reading articles on obscure topics on the net, just google stuff like socio economic impact of <Noun> on <some country or person or company> or read WSJ, Economist.com etc
- As i read these articles, started sketching them on paper, headlines inferences etc.
- After couple of weeks of this, picked up MGMAT guide for RC and looked up the strategies listed there and applied them to some more reading i did online
- Started with MGMAT questions
The result was dramatic, from 10-20% correct with > 2-3 mins/qs i went to 90-95% accuracy and < 2 mins/qs.
I don't think there are any shortcuts
I took the Mock Up test (from the GMAT free software) two weeks ago and scored 650 (48Q, 31V). Need to improve my data sufficiency skills as I get them wrong quite a lot to improve my Q score a few notch.
As in verbal, my weakness is definitely SC and RC, whilst CR is definitely my strength, identical to Quantitative Section. I need to get cracking a lot to improve as I dont want my V score to hurt my overall score.
The past few days I have been able to upgrade my SC through Grammar review. Although I cant say I am very good at SC yet, but I do see improvement in both correctness and speed.
Now the big job is to ensure my RC improve as well. I am trying to do that ow by reading various sources on the net, mainly NYTimes. I also try to complement that with print editions of National Geographic.
Will update you guys on how it goes. Hopefully it would work.
(NB:English is not my native language)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)