Urch Forums

Recommended LSAT material for GMAT verbal

tpcool

Hi,

I have observed that I am doing poorly in verbal, all RC, CR and SC. I was go through the debriefings posted in the forum and it was an excellent inspiration and wonderful resource.

Many people have recommended doing LSAT tests to feel confident with GMAT verbal.

I made a note of the LSAT material referred in those posts, but did not see a consolidated list anywhere.

Appreciate if anyone can add his/her recommended LSAT material to this list. I am starting with this

Recommended LSAT material for GMAT verbal

Tests: The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTest

SC: ?

RC: 1000 RC?

CR: LSAT PowerScore Bible?

The next 10 actual seems to be a list of LSAT exams. Does it cover basics? does it have explanations and concepts for attacking questions.

Thanks a lot

There is no LSAT SCs just RC and CR, which are pretty difficult and have helped me a lot in those particular areas. Taking them helps a lot with confidence so if you have time go ahead and do so, however it is also important to know why your getting questions wrong, what error do you keep making, that's where you can improve. LSAT questions will only take u so far. Another thing you could try are the sets 21 - 30 in particular, it helps you focus your attention on Verbal as a whole.

HTH

There is no LSAT SCs just RC and CR, which are pretty difficult and have helped me a lot in those particular areas. Taking them helps a lot with confidence so if you have time go ahead and do so, however it is also important to know why your getting questions wrong, what error do you keep making, that's where you can improve. LSAT questions will only take u so far. Another thing you could try are the sets 21 - 30 in particular, it helps you focus your attention on Verbal as a whole.

HTH

hi annihilation, thanks a lot for your response and encouraging words. I was really waiting for a response for this post.

I totally agree with you about how we should work on the question we got wrong.

I will do the sets 21-30 as suggested.

Apart from sets 21-30, do you have any recommendation for the LSAT preparation material? Do you recommend formal textbooks or any soft copy material. Sets 21-30 would cover the questions, but I was trying to see if there is any LSAT material out there that will teach more in depth concepts. This way we will build a strong base, before attacking the LSAT questions. Something like prep material. Let me know.

Thanks

well if your looking for a book, you could check out LSAT Critical Reasoning Bible, or GMAT Critical Reasoning bible, both are from powerscore and i believe both have the same content. LSAT and GMAT CR are similar its just that LSAT is a little more difficult since somethings are not as clear as they would be on the GMAT version. The CR also helps with the passages because its pretty much the same thing except the passage is much longer. I havent read any books for RC, i prefer to just create my own strategy when it comes to that section. other than the CR Bible, practice the LSAT CR and RC questions from 1000RC and 1000CR, they start with GMAT Qs but if you scroll further you will find the LSAT ones

well if your looking for a book, you could check out LSAT Critical Reasoning Bible, or GMAT Critical Reasoning bible, both are from powerscore and i believe both have the same content. LSAT and GMAT CR are similar its just that LSAT is a little more difficult since somethings are not as clear as they would be on the GMAT version. The CR also helps with the passages because its pretty much the same thing except the passage is much longer. I havent read any books for RC, i prefer to just create my own strategy when it comes to that section. other than the CR Bible, practice the LSAT CR and RC questions from 1000RC and 1000CR, they start with GMAT Qs but if you scroll further you will find the LSAT ones

Thanks annihilation for your detailed response. This definitely helps.:tup:

It helps with the confidence. they have similar questions but the LSAT version is more complicated and you have to think more indepth before you can get the answer, i would say that the questions from the LSAT are almost like the ones that the Real GMAT will have. Since the GMAT Prep and OG give simpler questions than the real gmat it helps to do some LSAT ones, if you have time.

• 1 month later...

I have purchased the LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible (put out by Power Score) and I have found it to me immensely helpful. Not only does the book use official questions, but it also gives very thorough explanations and breakdowns of the problems.

My frustration with working LSAT tests is the lack of explanations. In addition, the time is more compressed on the LSAT than on the GMAT. I do think it is helpful to work LSAT, but you've got to make some adjustments in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Hie annihilation,

there are two sets of Qs in each test of LSAT on 1000 cr doc?

i guess only one of them is gmat-like ?? is it the first or second ??

any idea ???

• 3 weeks later...
Hie annihilation,

there are two sets of Qs in each test of LSAT on 1000 cr doc?

i guess only one of them is gmat-like ?? is it the first or second ??

any idea ???

Please use LSAT Prep.

It has 3 LSAT tests. Almost 100 high quality CR questions. Also, it has atleast 20 RC passages. Quality of explanation for CR is great (compare to GMAT OG 10,11 or 12). Also, RC are good for practice.

LSAT has Logical Reasoning section so you need to just ignore that section.

CR Bible from Powerprep is good for understanding the fundamentals of reasoning but do have lot of questions for practice.