Urch Forums

Heidelberg University Master in MCB Interview

Demok

Hi There!

I' ve got an invitation for the interview to Heidelberg in Molecular and Cell biology Master program =)) Is there anyone who have taken such interview ? Please give some tips and share experience :grad: Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello again Demok. So did you get accepted to Goettingen? I didn't but I didn't think the interviews went very well. I also have an interview for the Cancer Biology major in Heidelberg. Mine is just about 24 hours from now. Well good luck as always!

Good Luck to you Stressin )) Hope that everyone will be accepted in the grad school that he wants )) I don't know when my interview will be =(, they have not informed me yet.. How did they inform you about the interview ? I was not accepted to Goettingen, the interview was really strange there.. P.S. Can you please share experience after the interview tomorrow ? ;)

They sent me an email shortly after I noticed my application number was published on their website. I'll let you know how it goes but I'm doing a telephone/skype interview because I'm in California. Where else did you apply?

So I guess if you haven't received an email yet, I may have some useful information for you:

You will be asked to give a powerpoint presentation on your research (4-5 slides) and you have to send it to them 24 hours before if you're doing a telephone interview. You are expected to take about 5 minutes to go over your slides and you will be interviewed for 15 minutes thereafter.

They will only reimburse up to 100 euro for travel expenses to Heidelberg.

You can see now why I'm doing a telephone interview :) Goettingen reimbursed full costs which ended up being about 600 euro.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes later.

I am applying from Ukraine, so it will be a telephone interview I hope.. I have a lot of exams right now and it is not possible to fly there for me.. Thank you for your reply, and thank you for your help =))) I wish you all the best, by the way I have chosen Cancer research as a second choice, so maybe we will be in the same group if I won't be accepted to MCB.. ;)

ok demok... the interview is over :tup: I think it went pretty well. It was much better than the goettingen interviews!! they asked a few basic questions, like why you chose heidelberg, your background, achievements, etc.

They asked a few questions about my presentation of course but that was ok. Then they asked a few general biology knowledge questions.

I think you'll do fine. they were extremely nice.

so far i only applied to goettingen and heidelberg. i plan to apply to kaiserslautern, maybe dresden, not sure. i didn't apply to very many. nowhere in the US. haha it's time to leave this country!

why did you choose german universities?

Thank you for your reply =)) Looks like your interview gone really well ! That's great ;) Why have I chosen german universities ? Hm.. I think because Germany has a high levele of academic education + in Heidelberg EMBL and DKFZ are located, where few research groups that I am interested in are lworking.. I wanted to apply to US but had no time to take GRE general =D ))