Just to let you know--your post was sent to the moderation queue because of the links and images from thegradcafe. I'll assume you didn't mean to include those and will edit them out for you after I submit this message.
Ok I just took the GRE and I now have a more complete profile for my application.
I plan to apply to a MS in Construction Management, Engineering and Project Management or Engineering Management in the following Universities:
1. Berkeley (CEE Department)
2. Stanford (CEE Department)
3. Columbia (CEE Department)
4. Illinois Urbana (CEE Department)
5. Cornell (Engineering Management Dept.)
6. Duke (Engineering Management Dept.)
My profile is the following:
Ok with this profile, I was wondering If I should be aiming to the top Engineering Universities as I mentioned, or should I lower my expectations?
- I finished my BS in Civil Engineering 4 months ago in a Top University in Caracas, Venezuela. I graduated top of a 20 students class and my GPA is 17/20 (about 3.4)
- I have no background or experience in the US education system. I just studied English for 6 months in LA after I graduated from Highschool.
- I have been working in a my family Construction Company for about a year. I did my intership there.
- I did a research thesis in order to obtain my BS, its subjects related to construction planning and control.
- I have relatively good LOR, specially the professor I did my thesis with, but since they are professors that do not speak English fluently I am a little afraid they might not be perfect.
- My GRE scores are: 740 - 800 MATH , 630 - 730 VERBAL
Also If anyone have any experience of International students getting in successfully in those top Programs I appreciate your feedback....
Thanks for your time and help
Last edited by Erin; 10-18-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Removed extraneous BB code.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)