Urch Forums

Query regarding Toulouse School of Economics

PureB

Hi, everyone! I have been admitted by Toulouse School of Economics(TSE) into the M1 Economics program. I have to confirm my application in these days. Before the confirmation, there are somethings I want to know.

Is TSE well recognized outside Europe? My goal is to undertake a PhD after obtaining the Master's Degree, and I will apply for universities in the US. Many people tell me that I should be mentally prepared to do a PhD in Europe if I go to TSE.

How is TSE compared with UBC whose graduate program in economics I also applied for? My major concern is that UBC only offers a one-year MA program while TSE's is two years, which means that I have more time to prepare for PhD and that I don't need to have a gap year in order to apply for PhD programs. On the other hand, UBC is more widely known and has a better ranking. As for TSE, many people might have never heard about it.

What's your opinion? Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...

hello,

I was admitted into the M2-EMO program (not ETE) and I also have the same questions. How´s the placement of the master of tse?, the M2-EMO could prepare me to do a phd in USA or Europe? I would really appreciate any help.

• 4 years later...

Bump.

I have also been offered a place at the M1 Econometrics and Statistics program. I have also been offered a place at BGSE (with full tuition waiver) so I am wondering about the relative reputation of these two instutions.