Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or Vanderbilt University

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or Vanderbilt University

Sponsored Ad:
    Hello

I've been admitted to UIUC and Vanderbilt for graduate school. I will study economics.

I am from Albania. I will go with my spouse and kid.

I know the climate is warmer in Nashville, but the life is cheaper in Urbana-Champaign. Does the weather in Urbana-Champaign negatively affect our lives? I would like to know which school is better for my family.

I am really stuck, can anybody help me?

Thanks all!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Re: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or Vanderbilt University

I live in Urbana-Champaign and I would highly recommend it. The economics program here is great as well. The weather here is really not that bad, when it snows the streets get plowed quickly and there is a great bus system so you don't have to worry about the cold. It's also a great place to raise families, especially if you live in Urbana. There are a lot of great parks and things like that for kids. Everyone is also super friendly and open-minded. I have been to many place in Tennessee, but only passed through Nashville once. Out of both places, I would prefer Urbana-Champaign even though Nashville may have a warmer climate. If you do choose UIUC, let me know and I can recommend some places to live and things to do! It's really a great town and I'll miss it when I leave.

Good post? Yes | No

Re: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or Vanderbilt University

Quote Originally Posted by melek View Post
    I live in Urbana-Champaign and I would highly recommend it. The economics program here is great as well. The weather here is really not that bad, when it snows the streets get plowed quickly and there is a great bus system so you don't have to worry about the cold. It's also a great place to raise families, especially if you live in Urbana. There are a lot of great parks and things like that for kids. Everyone is also super friendly and open-minded. I have been to many place in Tennessee, but only passed through Nashville once. Out of both places, I would prefer Urbana-Champaign even though Nashville may have a warmer climate. If you do choose UIUC, let me know and I can recommend some places to live and things to do! It's really a great town and I'll miss it when I leave.
    Thank you very much Melek.

I think I will prefer illinois to nashville.

I will appreciate your help if I can have some suggestions about the life in Urbana and accommodation.

Thread Information