Urch Forums

From POLYMER AND CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY to BIOTECHNOLOGY

Akanksha171295

Hello,

I am Akanksha Aggarwal, currently studying in Delhi Technological university, 4th year (Polymer science and chemical technology).

My CPGA in class 10th was 9.6, class 12th percentage was 94% (subjects - PCMBE) and university aggregate till the end of 6th semester is 70.42%. GRE score - 312 (V -148, Q - 164, AWA - result awaited). TOEFl - not given as yet.

I have done three internships till now - 1) Sun Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. (quality control lab), 2) Indian Oil research centre (petrochemical department) and 3) Indian Oil research centre (industrial biotechnology). I have contacted a journal regarding a review paper that i wrote on "biopolymers in hard tissue engineering". I have worked with an NGO, in educating children upto 5th standard. Also I am a part of ART OF LIVING, hence regularly do volunteering work and worked in WORLD CULTURAL FESTIVAL, organised by Art of Living last year (March 2016).

I want to do research on Parkinson's disease (Human genetics) but as i don't have basic knowledge about genetics I would prefer to study basics of biotechnology first.

According to my profile what universities should I target?

Thank you for reading.