Urch Forums

Is BGSE a good address for Econometrics?

owly

Hi,

I have been admitted to Barcelona Graduate School's masters in economic program with full tuition waiver. When I researched I have seen that it has been highly praised for its macro classes. However I couldn't find any information on how it stands in econometrics. I would like to pursue a PhD afterwards (maybe in Upf if I can perform good enough) and I would like to do something in econometrics. I would be really grateful if you can share your thoughts or experience :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's not bad at all in metrics, but it's also relative. In my opinion it would depend on whether you hold any other offers. BGSE is indisputably excellent for macro.

Since I am planning to apply to similar EU schools for Master/Research Master next year, can I ask for your profile that allowed you to receive an offer with full waiver? Would be helpful!

And congrats on the offer!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks a lot. I eventually chose Tinbergen, which gives extra 1000 euros a month as stipend alongside with tuition waiver. And I generally heard its better for metrics.

I attended the top school in my country (which is in developing world). I am currently 3rd in my class. I have taken all advanced economics courses available (performed good enough but not excellent) and some extra math courses (but not real analysis). I took one graduate course and aced it. I have also participated in 2 research projects with prominent scholars from different schools in my country. One of my LoR's was from a professor I worked closely (so I assume it was very strong) and the other one was from a professor who was very strong but didn't know me that well.

I hope this will be helpful, and good like with your applications!