Urch Forums

Profile evaluation for European PhD/Msc

Caiop

Hello everyone,

Could you please evaluate my profile and check if i’m not overestimating my chances?

i have only done undergrad so far, and I’m also considering getting an European masters.

Undergrad GPA: 3.35 (could go to 3.5) or 8.3/10 (standrised, Brazilian top-3 university), ranking in the 20% of cohort.

R.A experience: With a professor that seems to like me enough to write me a good reference letter. Was top 2 in her class.

Also another one for two years, that one in a group so maybe not a stellar letter but a good one.

Recommendation letters: one from the R.A professor i mentioned, another one from my advisor (top 10 economists in my country, i believe could write a good letter).

GRE: not yet, some schools don’t require it so I may give it a second thought.

Awards: I think I can win a prize for the best thesis in undergrad.

Considering applying to (Msc): Cambridge, Mannheim, BGSE, CEMFI, LSE, Bonn, UCLouvain, Tilburg, Toulouse, PSE and (maybe) Bocconi.

I’m fine with doing my PhD from any of these unis (maybe not Bocconi), so I may continue after masters.

Does anyone know if I’m aiming too high?

Thanks in advance.