Urch Forums

Should I retake the GRE?

TFlix

Hello,

I just received my GRE scores, and I am quite unsure about them. I got 165Q and 168V; the scores for AWA are not there yet. I want to apply for a master's programs in economics in the UK, preferably LSE or Oxford. These programs are surely highly competitive, and I think that I do have the grades necessary to apply, but I don't know if I have a chance there with my quant score (I suppose that it is the most important among the scores). According to the universities' respective websites, they expect applicants to have scores of at least 161 or 164 in quant (depending on the university). Although I am above these thresholds, I fear that I might be in the lower half of applicants. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any statistics on the scores of accepted applicants.

Thus, I wanted to ask if anyone has some insights or tips. Should I retake it or rather focus on the rest of my application? In practice tests, I scored anything from 163 to 170 in quant, but I am sceptical if I am able to significantly increase my score the next time if I were to retake the GRE.