Urch Forums

People going to UFL Fall 2005

ritwik

• 3 weeks later...

Okay people help me out here:

I have heard people that in Florida - weather is pleasant. What exactly is meant by this - 'cause where I am from - pleasant weather generally refers to low temp while I guess its opposite in US. Also does it snow at al in Florida, especially Gainesville?

Hey! Welcome to Florida! I just finished my first undergrad year here. I'm from Florida so I love the weather.

HAH!! That's what I'll say about snow in Florida. It has snowed in Gainesville before I believe, never when I have been here & certainly it is a huge rarity. It's coldest in spring, like February & March. Those are by far the worst months. Usually it's beautiful, blue skies & very sunny. The temperatures can get into the nineties or above during the summer. Right now it's been around 60 in the morning, 75 later in the day.

You definitely need to buy lots of sandals, they are required gear. It does rain a lot sometimes though, and I hate wearing sandals in the rain, your feet get really dirty. Watch the forecast. It's not necessarily cold when it rains however.

I hope you all enjoy it here, and if you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them if I can. My problem: planning on going to graduate school up north, but I hate the cold!!

Okay people help me out here:

I have heard people that in Florida - weather is pleasant. What exactly is meant by this - 'cause where I am from - pleasant weather generally refers to low temp while I guess its opposite in US. Also does it snow at al in Florida, especially Gainesville?

It has a tropical climate or precisely coastal region climate. Even in its severest winters it won't go sub-zero.

So you mena temperatures are like delhi but humidity like mumbai

Hey Ritwik,

Florida has a very moderate climate. The lowest that Florida dips in winters is around early thirties(kinda like delhi)..but the humidity is comaparably lower than that of mumbai.

It does a rain a lot though..else, no extremities in weather at all. If you happen to be from a tropical clime you'll be in for no surprises!

Welcome to the sunshine state! [clap]

• 2 weeks later...

I have been admitted into the PhD program in UFL (Civil and Coastal Engg.,) for FALL 2005. (without aid though)

Expecting the admission letter anytime this week..

Need help regarding funding and I am pretty confused :mad: about the finances (how to show and how much to show) and how to proceed cos I am expected to fill in the FINANCIAL REPONSIBILITY FORM before they issueme the I20.

Will appreciate your valuable commnets.

Congrats on your admit. There must be some place on the dept website where the annual expenditure is indicated, i think its

You need to get a certificate from a bank saying that you are caoable of spending $40K towards your education.