Urch Forums

Anyone still waiting to hear from schools?

mystereys

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from grad schools about admission or financial aid/grant information? Or from fellowships?

I'm waiting to hear back from one school (I called on the 4th and they said they hadn't made a decision yet), waiting to hear about financial aid from a school that I got accepted to, and waiting to hear from 2 fellowship programs I applied to (NSF and NDSEG). Is this unusual, since it's so late in the season? Is anyone else in the same boat? Misery loves company, as they say, and I'm feeling pretty nervous right now.

(I applied to environmental engineering and physical oceanography programs, btw.)

Hi!

I am still waiting for a reply from Columbia PhD CS, but I guess I am dinged already.

I am not too sure about my feelings right now; after waiting for so long, I feel that my desire to go to the school is diminishing each day. Maybe it's just that i hate waiting...

Good luck to you!

I'm still waiting on one school for financial aid, and two for admission. I hate the waiting game - I think I've almost reached the point where I'd just take denials and be happy to move on with life. But I just got another admission earlier this week, so I'm not going to rule it out just yet.

Check your status online. I also didn't receive any emails from Columbia CS, but my online status displayed "rejected". If your online status still says "pending" do call them.
@Ronnie:

I second csphdwannabe. Even though my status had been updated to "Accepted" on 03/22, strangely enough, my status reads "Last Updated: 04/07/2005".

Don't use the number displayed at the bottom of every webpage of the CS department. I've tried calling them on that number and no one ever picks up the phone.:yuck:

Dear csphdwannabe and Gforce:

Thanks for your reply. I checked the website. Fortunately, there is still nothing!! Not even something like "updated on ......." It has been on "pending" mode ever since December 14, 2004!

I am feeling that I am completely ignored...:mad:

• 9 months later...