Urch Forums

Admission to top schools like CMU.

rushoman

Hi,

I am an international student in the US, about to complete my MS in a school that is B-tier, but very good in my field of specialization. My advisor is highly regarded in his field of expertise. Here is a summary of my profile:-

Degree: MS

GPA: 3.87

Publications: 2 major (1 industrial during work ex. of 2 years)

My undergrad GPA at IIT was 3.1/4.

Do you think top schools like CMU will pay more importance to my grad GPA, and not haunt me for having a not-so-good GPA in my undergrad? I intend to apply for Fall 2006 to big schools like CMU.

Please enlighten me if any of you have ideas (or have heard similar experiences).

Hi,

I am an international student in the US, about to complete my MS in a school that is B-tier, but very good in my field of specialization. My advisor is highly regarded in his field of expertise. Here is a summary of my profile:-

Degree: MS

GPA: 3.87

Publications: 2 major (1 industrial during work ex. of 2 years)

My undergrad GPA at IIT was 3.1/4.

Do you think top schools like CMU will pay more importance to my grad GPA, and not haunt me for having a not-so-good GPA in my undergrad? I intend to apply for Fall 2006 to big schools like CMU.

Please enlighten me if any of you have ideas (or have heard similar experiences).

Hi, Rushoman,

Wellcome to the club - I'm just in the same boat with you :)

Let's hope that graduate GPA means more. Actually, as far as I can understand from profs in academia - research means a lot for those schools. So - :luck2: