Urch Forums

Anyone heard from PhD CS - CMU, Purdue, gatech?

meneldur

Haven't heard anything so far...

According to the gradcafe the first two already sent some initial admits and I am a little concerned about this. Do they usually send all the admits at the same time or is it scattered? What about rejections? Not hearing anything from them up to this moment means I will get a rejection?

If anyone has applied to one of these schools for the PhD CS program, and could share any information, it would help a lot.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm guessing that he got in because he published 6 papers. I haven't published any :crazy:

Yeah, publication is important, and his supervisor is famous in the field, and his Microsoft Research internship experiences![clap] I have found the CS major is the most competive major in graduate school application!:mad:

I'm not nearly as good as that guy :yuck:

I found it suprsing that EE is easier to get into than CS. EE people's GRE scores seem lower than CS peoples.

Yeah, publication is important, and his supervisor is famous in the field, and his Microsoft Research internship experiences![clap] I have found the CS major is the most competive major in graduate school application!:mad: