Urch Forums

A very political type issue essay (please review :))

Hello forum users,

My GRE date is this Halloween, and I need help with my issue essay (how would you grade it??). I wrote it in 30 minutes.

Please excuse my ignorance on politics.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Society should focus on preparing its young people in government, industry, and other fields by emphasizing cooperation. From a young age children are taught how to work with a team, whether it be a team sport, academic teams, or volunteer groups. Cooperation is an effective way to get multiple things done, bring up new ideas, and build a sense of togetherness. Nevertheless, competition is a natural human tendency that shares a symbiotic relationship with cooperation to accomplish a similar goal.

Cooperation encourages people to work together and get more things done. There have been many cases where two political parties do not work together to get accomplish a task. Health care seems to be a widely inflammatory debate between two parties. Bipartisanship, another form of cooperation, would resolve their differences. If the two political parties communicate with each other, they may be able to come up with a better health care policy for the people.

Communicating among each other may bring up new ideas. Everyone has a different professional background. Communicating among other leaders may bring up new innovative ideas on how to come up with an effective and valued health care policy for the people. Important issues like this may bring a sense of togetherness.

More often than not, people like to feel accepted by groups. Political parties seem to be divided, but communication among opponents may open up a sense of togetherness. This sense of togetherness may be healthy for people. Although cooperation should be emphasized more, competition is useful.

Competition may bring new better candidates in a political race. The November 2016 election is coming up and the people get to choose the better candidate.