Urch Forums

plz plz plz!! read my views.. an put forth ur ever helpin criticism..."It is often ne

scuds

"It is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public."

It is often desirable to conceal some desired information from the others especially when one knows the worth of the information and what dire consequences it may have if it is exposed. Moreover every person has different way of relating to a problem hence a different way of getting to a solution. Keeping this concern in mind I would affirm my stand that it if often obligatory on political leaders to conceal information from the public.

The chief reason to bolster my view is that every country has some information which if revealed to foreign countries could lead to catastrophic results. Keeping this thing in mind it is often incumbent on the political leaders to conceal the information of national interests. For example take into consideration the war against terrorism that USA started against Afghanistan and Iraq. Though it was openly stated that the war would take place but as to when it is going to start and what kind of attack was planed, how long it was going to take and some other crucial information were concealed from the masses. These informations if let out of the bag could have led to dire consequences for USA. So political leaders kept these information concealed in the better interests of the nation.

The other reason for my support is that political leaders are people who have a wider vision gained through experiences in various diplomatic ties and other endeavors. They are people who take into consideration the nation as a whole rather than having a myopic reservation/vision against a particular region of people or creed. People on the other hand have their own prejudices for any information. If all information is revealed to the people, each person will have his own malicious interpretation that favors his own region or creed. In other words people have a parochial views regarding various issue. Political leaders are experienced people who better know how to maintain harmony in the country and also between countries. Political leaders take effective decision regarding the trade and commerce of the country and also regarding globalization and tourism. If the vital decisions they take are aired to the masses then people may criticize the policies for the same reason that different people have own prejudices leading to regional remedy rather than national panacea. So it is quite fair if some information is cached from the people and dealt by the political leaders.

Other reason to support my view is that political leaders are people that have been chosen through voting from the people themselves. They have been elected on democratic ideals. People select these leaders because they relate to the thinking of these leaders and trust their leadership. So we should imbibe our confidence in these leaders. We should reaffirm our faith in political leaders because they work for national intrests, which come ahead of our own narrow interests.

Though some of you may argue that right to information is the right of every individual and everything should be transparent and the leaders must reveal each and every info to the public but as already stated that some information cannot be revealed because of greater concerns we must understand the political leaders inability to share every information.

To conclude I would like to concur and reaffirm my stand that every information cannot be revealed to the people by the political leaders and some information have to be kept confidential in the better interests of the nation.

Well done ;)

"It is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public."

It is often desirable to conceal some desired information from the others especially when one knows the worth of the information and what dire consequences it may have if it is exposed. Moreover every person has different way of relating to a problem hence a different way of getting to a solution. Keeping this concern in mind I would affirm my stand that it if often ??obligatory on political leaders to conceal information from the public.

there might be an introductory sentence here

The chief reason to bolster my view is that every country has some information which if revealed to foreign countries could lead to catastrophic results. Keeping this thing in mind it is often incumbent on the political leaders to conceal the information of national interests. For example take into consideration the war against terrorism that USA started against Afghanistan and Iraq. Though it was openly stated that the war would take place but as to when it is going to start and what kind of attack was planed, how long it was going to take and some other crucial information were concealed from the masses. (too long) These informations if let out of the bag could have led to dire consequences for USA. So political leaders kept these information concealed in the better interests of the nation.

ok nicely developed

The other reason for my support is that political leaders are people who have a wider vision gained through experiences in various diplomatic ties and other endeavors. They are people who take into consideration the nation as a whole rather than having a myopic reservation/vision against a particular region of people or creed. People on the other hand have their own prejudices for any information. If all information is revealed to the people, each person will have his own malicious interpretation that favors his own region or creed. In other words people have a parochial views regarding various issue. Political leaders are experienced people who better know how to maintain harmony in the country and also between countries. Political leaders take effective decision regarding the trade and commerce of the country and also regarding globalization and tourism. If the vital decisions they take are aired to the masses then people may criticize the policies for the same reason that different people have own prejudices leading to regional remedy rather than national panacea. So it is quite fair if some information is cached from the people and dealt by the political leaders.

Very good rationale, nicely developed but would be perfect with an example

Other reason to support my view is that political leaders are people that have been chosen through voting from the people themselves. They have been elected on democratic ideals. People select these leaders because they relate to the thinking of these leaders and trust their leadership. So we should imbibe our confidence in these leaders. We should reaffirm our faith in political leaders because they work for national intrests, which come ahead of our own narrow interests.

This is weak, not developed, no example

Though some of you (critics better ?) may argue that right to information is the right of every individual and everything should be transparent and the leaders must reveal each and every info to the public but as already stated that some information cannot be revealed because of greater concerns we must understand the political leaders inability to share every information.

Ok, you mention about the other side of the arguement but you don t dispute it therefore this weakens your essay

To conclude I would like to concur and reaffirm my stand that every information cannot be revealed to the people by the political leaders and some information have to be kept confidential in the better interests of the nation.

ok

well well well . that was the topic i got in my gre.

i think that u have missed a really crucial point. have't considered the leaders as an individual. all the points that u have given are to show that politicians hide information for the public interest. but they could also be doing the same to save their own hide, and every individual would do that to save his job. after all the politicians are from the same society.