Sponsored Ad:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GRE Chemistry ridiculous questions...

Good post? Yes | No

hmmmm....

Sponsored Ad:
    Hello...
    i am quiet... and now i am talking...

How can I get in touch for the GRE chem especially knowing the venue of the place (I am from quezon city), the time, the type of test (computer based or paper based)?

I tried the prometric email and they do not have the category for GRE:Chem. Only the general GRE.

Please help me...

danke

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Auburnph,

You will know the testing site for GRE Chemistry as soon as u register for the exam online. Just choose the testing site that you feel confident to take the exam. In your case, if you come from Quezon City, it will be most practical to take the exam at the University of the Philippines-Diliman, Vinzons Hall.

Good luck.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    I know this thread was made a long time ago, but I am curious, what the hell is the answer? The schrodinger equation can only be solved for the hydrogen and hydrogen like atoms. You can't solve SE for the helium atom, so what is supposed to be the answer?

CHEMISTRY MAJOR Holden_Caulfield's Avatar

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by gravenewworld
    I know this thread was made a long time ago, but I am curious, what the hell is the answer? The schrodinger equation can only be solved for the hydrogen and hydrogen like atoms. You can't solve SE for the helium atom, so what is supposed to be the answer?
    No it is not true. You miss one thing: "exact solution" for SE for He cannot be found, but you can use a banch of approximations to find the approximate solution. Nothing hinders us from writing the molecular or atomic wf as the linear combintaion of modified H wf found as an exact solutions of SE. Is is a common, textbook-style practice

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by r2kins
    how many questions does one have to get right to score to get a 90+ percentile...if any one hs any idea about it...kindly share it!!
    If you omit no questions, maybe you have to limit the number of mistakes into 20.

Good post? Yes | No

solutions...

In the long run, it is hard to obtain a 90 percentile unless you know things well.
    For the record, my practice tests gets me to 75-82 percentile.

It is true that there are approximations for SE for other atoms. You know, start from the basic general equation and omit other expressions.

Still, I do not want to multiply and divide decimals. Imagine, PV/RT in a paper. Well, shortcuts are fine but could people think about it?

Good post? Yes | No
    I want to get some previous years GRE Chemistry questions. Can anyone give me those questions? It would be quite helpful for me.

Good post? Yes | No
    I almost 100% positive that it's impossible to get questions from previous years. The only places where you can obtain previous questions are via the test prep materials.

Nick

Good post? Yes | No
    It is.
    The only test questions I have right now are just the 2000, 1995, and 1980-1982 sets. When I tried looking for more, it's nothing.

Good post? Yes | No
    Really now ... Are you referencing the exams that were available in test prep guides, the ETS guide and such? I can understand having those exams, however, you aren't allowed to keep a copy of the exam and I don't think that it's possible to request exams from the ETS as well.

Besides ... my practice exams really didn't make a difference for me. I scored very well by reviewing my old textbooks from P-Chem, Analytical and Inorganic. Once you've seen one multiple choice Chemistry exam, you have seen them all.

Nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information