Sponsored Ad:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GRE-CS Nov '12 Study group, Anyone?

Dream to succed

Good post? Yes | No

GRE-CS Nov '12 Study group, Anyone?

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi Guys,
    This is Praful here BE (2004) from Pune Unviersity - 7 Years of Software Development experience and I am planning to purse MS CS in Fall 13

I am planning to start a online/offline Group for GRE-CS Nov '12 in India. My undegrad is non-CS and hence have started preparing quite early. However I feel the pinch of not having a partner/group to study with. From what I read on the various forums the GRE Subject test-CS is quite exhaustive and it takes dedication to prepare and score well on the test.

With help from all the posts on this forums and the most detailed and correct reply's from CalmLogic, I have piled up a huge resource on this test and would like to share with you all.

I would like to group with my fellow GRE-CS exam aspirants and study in collaboration, so that we can help each other with resources, questions and in understanding any concepts.

Please reply to this post and we can soon take it up.

Thank You
    Praful Memane

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    hi
    i am planning to take the exam as well. i am applying for ms in cs fall 2013. my undergrad is non-cs too. i started my preparation. started with design and analysis of algorithms. lets share ideas and doubts to help each other prepare well

Dream to succed

Good post? Yes | No

Sure, Sounds good

Hey grecompsci,
    Great to hear from you.
    I am also planning for Fall 2013, the test would be around November'12. Do you have any study plan created yet, I mean details on topics and schedule/date you are working on.
    How about if we can chat, I will private message you my contact details and if we have more people joining us we could create a google-group so that we can collaborate more.

Thank You
    Praful Memane

Good post? Yes | No
    hi
    i dont have a schedule of preparation. but roughly i am reading all the topics from standard text books. i am taking each subject at a time. i am using nptel videos for reference of topics which i dont understand from text books. ideally i want complete the syllabus one month before the exam and spend the last month for taking practice tests.
    but the trouble i am facing is in knowing how deep should i go in a given subject/topic. many have suggested to read GATE exam books but the syllabus seems to be very extensive for GATE. as there is no standard test preparation book for GRE ( i know there is the ets booklet but it is not of much help) i think this is the biggest difficulty to keep myself on track and in accordance with the syllabus that needs to be studied. because many times when u read a subject u so engrossed in the subject that there is very chance of digressing from what is to be studied for the exam. obviously we have to stick to the exam content as we have very little time
    is the exam available only in november or in april also?
    how are you preparing? i guess its better we continue our communication here because other buddies might see and participate in the active discussion.
    cheers

Good post? Yes | No

Agre

Quote Originally Posted by grecompsci View Post
    hi
    i dont have a schedule of preparation. but roughly i am reading all the topics from standard text books. i am taking each subject at a time. i am using nptel videos for reference of topics which i dont understand from text books. ideally i want complete the syllabus one month before the exam and spend the last month for taking practice tests.
    but the trouble i am facing is in knowing how deep should i go in a given subject/topic. many have suggested to read GATE exam books but the syllabus seems to be very extensive for GATE. as there is no standard test preparation book for GRE ( i know there is the ets booklet but it is not of much help) i think this is the biggest difficulty to keep myself on track and in accordance with the syllabus that needs to be studied. because many times when u read a subject u so engrossed in the subject that there is very chance of digressing from what is to be studied for the exam. obviously we have to stick to the exam content as we have very little time
    is the exam available only in november or in april also?
    how are you preparing? i guess its better we continue our communication here because other buddies might see and participate in the active discussion.
    cheers

Hi
    I want to pursue MS in VLSI so wanted to know wether AGRE in CS is mandatory for me as in some universities/schools,it falls under EE and in some EE/CS?

Good post? Yes | No

Hi I am also giving my Subject GRE this november

Hi,

I am also giving my subject GRE this november and currently doing back exercises from Sipser. Do you have any idea about any solution book that might be available that can help to know if I am solving the problem correctly or not. Let me know if you know something.

Thanks.

Dream to succed

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi tutulmuk,
    I think this question will be better answered by calmlogic or the University/Department you wish to attend.

Dream to succed

Good post? Yes | No

Writing CS AGRE this November

Hi Praful,
    I am too writing Subject Test this november and applying for fall 2013.I have not started studying yet.Going to study from this weekend.So can I get your materials,please?What all have you started studying?

Thanks,
    psy

Dream to succed

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi psy,

Sorry for responding late. My office schedule is too busy and hence couldn't reply to you. I am really sorry.
    Okay so to answer your questions now.
    1. Study plan: Since I am not a BE Computer science student. I really have no theoretical background on many core computers science courses. My plan is very basic; I took the GRE Subject test content, break into the sections and have started with going through each subject targeting the core subjects first, discrete maths, Algorithms and Theory of computation.
    2. Course material: I have downloaded the materials as mentioned in various links by calmlogic and others.
    http://www.urch.com/forums/gre-compu...tml#post411230
    http://grecs.wikispaces.com/

3. I have downloaded the books for Networking, TOC, Algo, Disc math and Compilers and have got hands on few test booklets. Not much
    4. I have a very basic plan on excel sheet, which I am trying to nail every subject on which GRE asks questions. (if you want can mail you.)

This is what I have till now. Please email me if you need anything more.
    Thank you
    Praful Memane

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information