Urch Forums

Help, worried about math skills

clockmaker

Hello All.

I need some confidence boosting.

I recently took a Manhattan practice exam and received a score of 155 for Quant. A score I am happy with considering how bad I am at math. However, I just went through the practice questions in the ETS booklet and have gotten many questions wrong. From the Discrete question sets - I answered all Easy questions correctly, 7 out of 14 Medium questions correctly, and 9 out of 15 Hard questions incorrectly. I take the test in 15 days (the 20th), and am worried about how I will do. I have been practicing with Magoosh and Manhattan (mostly with Manhattan) and have been going through the latter's 5 pound book with varying success depending on the mathematical sub topic I handle.

Any advice?

p.s., I am going to take a practice exam later this week, and another next week. I need a quant score that will get me at or above the 50% rank for Quant. I would definitely like something higher but that doesn't seem feasible at the moment.

Hey,

All I can say you should sort out what types of mistakes you are doing: is it silly mistake or you have not mastered the concepts required to solve the math you answered incorrectly.

Next, you have to improve the weak areas of yours. Always try to read the question critically and use different types of strategies. And the most important thing is to be confident!!!