Urch Forums

Just wrote the Nov. 4th, 2006 Exam

raspberrysour

there was definitely more physiological psych than i thought would be, luckily i knew that stuff pretty well. there was also more applied and organizational psych than i thought there would be.

i thought the princeton review was a pretty good book to get if you were interested in only being able to answer about 70% of the test. i thought the barron's book sucked and i never looked at the kaplan book.

how confident do you feel about it?

Well I used the Kaplan book and when I did the ETS practice test it seemed to have been useful...but boy was I shocked when I wrote the real test! I also did have a chance to go through a friend's Princeton Review book and it was quite similar to the Kaplan one. I felt so prepared and after words I just didn't know anymore!

I found a lot of terminology was nothing I had learned in my 4 years of undergrad work, although I am Canadian and I am starting to wonder if things are a little different...however I doubt it due to the fact that most of our texts are American published.

I guess my biggest issue was that the study material didn't seem to be an adequate preparation...:(

yeah, it was hard for me to determine just how applicable the review material i used was for the exam. i've taken a lot of physiological and cognitive psych, so most of those questions (i.e. prosopagnosia, schwann cells, etc) were right up my alley.

i thought that the social psych and personality sections were pretty good in the review materials. i had never taken those classes and i was able to answer the questions on social psych and personality (at least some of them).